Visit to Maranello and the 458 Italia (Photos)

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Greetings from Switzerland! We are on a much needed vacation in Europe, and I persuaded my long suffering wife (and enthusiastic teenage daughter) into making a dash out of Austria into Northern Italy to visit the Ferrari Gallery in Maranello. I was hoping that they would have a 458 on display, and I was not disappointed. We also got to see a few bombing around the local roads, apparently being tested.

For your viewing pleasure, here are two shots I snapped while there.

My observation is that the car is much, much better looking in person than in the photos, and it has some subtle Enzo overtones. It looks like a completely different car than the F430, which is a good thing. I spent about a half hour looking it over, and the car has very, very complex surfaces. Lots of work went into the development of the exterior shape, and it is a home run, IMHO.

Can't wait to get my hands on one and put it up against my beloved (and undefeated :wink) GT.

Now back to my vacation...

DSC_3218.jpg

DSC_3208.jpg

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Thats a Bitchin car. I have been looking at it since it came out.

How is the weather this time of year in Switzerland?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Anxious to see one in person. Still not diggin' the triple tailpipe.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Beautiful!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
$400k???

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Beautiful car and I agree with Mullet on the 3 tailpipes. I'm sure you still need a very successful business to afford all the preventive maintenance and a good bankruptcy attorney if it breaks out of warranty. :eek

Very similar to a very high maintenance, beautiful girlfriend.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Beautiful car and I agree with Mullet on the 3 tailpipes. I'm sure you still need a very successful business to afford all the preventive maintenance and a good bankruptcy attorney if it breaks out of warranty. :eek

Very similar to a very high maintenance, beautiful girlfriend.

The F458 is very inexpensive compared to a high maintenance girlfriend or wife!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Beautiful car, but I agree the tail pipes are off.

Always like the way F-cars look just not willing to pay the freight to drive one.

Thanks for posting and I can't wait for another classic review!! :cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Always like the way F-cars look just not willing to pay the freight to drive one.

+1, Along with dealing with the F car sales people! :thumbsdow

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I thought it was omly me, but for some reason they come across as superior to the potential buyer :willy, never experienced that at any other dealership :lol

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
[

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrex

Quote: BlackIce
+1, Along with dealing with the F car sales people!

:agree: with both.