Viper Marketing

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
That is utterly the ugliest, most disgusting, foul colors I've ever seen on any car. Ralph Gilles had too much moonshine

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
another Albatross

Another Albatros

Attachments

• l39 (11).jpg
    l39 (11).jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 136

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Been looking at pics of the the 5th gen recently. Performance disappointment/marketing disaster aside, it's a good looking car. And for sub $100K, not a bad price point. I've been pretty set on eventually getting a 7.2 GT3 as my next car, but even with a ton of miles, those are still selling for $120-130K+. Not looking to win any races, just a fun DD. Other option around that price would be one of the new Z06's. Good looking car, but still more $$ well optioned and not without being plagued by performance issues of it's own as of late. What am I missing about the new Viper?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
What am I missing about the new Viper?

You like the sound of flatulence. Check! You don't care that all gens look pretty much the same. Check!

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
You like the sound of flatulence.

Are you referring to the V10? Admittedly an acquired taste, but I don't dislike it:)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
admittedly an acquired taste...

lmao!

Have you sat in one? You might be looking at the windshield header.

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
lmao!

Have you sat in one? You might be looking at the windshield header.

I have. Only for a few minutes on a dealer floor. Snug no doubt. Didn't pay much attention to outward visibility since I wasn't driving, but I've heard it has issues in that department.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I mean, come on. That looks good.

15397_804690832902023_3659798295267751084_n.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
If that looks good to you, then, yeah...it looks good to you. On an exterior design success/fail matrix, this goes on the fail side for me.

Hey, isn't purgatory a better place to be than limbo? If I remember correctly, limbo is forever.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I think the Viper is a very good deal at the current street price. The car looks good and it seems to be finished very nicely. The paint is beautiful.

I'm 6' and I feel like I need to be hunched over to see properly.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
If that looks good to you, then, yeah...it looks good to you. On an exterior design success/fail matrix, this goes on the fail side for me.

Hey, isn't purgatory a better place to be than limbo? If I remember correctly, limbo is forever.

I don't think either is for eternity. But I was referring to the dance with the stick. Love me a game of limbo! lol

I think the Viper is a very good deal at the current street price. The car looks good and it seems to be finished very nicely. The paint is beautiful.

I'm 6' and I feel like I need to be hunched over to see properly.

Hmm. Guess I should sit in one again.