Viper also?

racer22

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2013
Just brought home our 2006 Tungsten Ford GT and loving it. I'm enjoying the new car experience after all these years of collecting and playing with cars from the 50's, 60's and early 70's. I'm appreciating the new car amenities so much that I'm considering purchasing a Viper now. Just from what I've read I'm thinking about a 2008-9 due to the higher horse power and thinking the car is more refined than earlier cars. Any Ford GT owner that also own Vipers who would like to chime in?

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I have a 1997 GTS with Roe blower, heads, rockers and exhaust.
It's raw.
Love it!
Best,
Mark

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
An 08-09 a viper will make you appreciate your GT. it's worth having for fun I guess. I have had:
1992 -- first year
2010 (2)
2013 ordered but canceled.

The only one I have now is the 92 because it is the second one made.

If you can get a good price and don't mind depreciation I guess it is not bad. SRT and VCA are a mess right now and I pretty much , like many have left Viperworld.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I second many of GTdrummer's comments though I've only owned 96, 98, 01 and 08 Vipers. Loved my 98 Silver / Blue; quality and service issues with my 08 made it the worst.

Also ordered and cancelled a 2013 Blue / White Laguna. Too many concerns around service.

The GT is - FAR AND AWAY - the superior car!

Personally, I'd pass on the Viper idea...

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Two different animals.
I don't think that you can match them heads up.
They are way different, and comparison is not important.
Mark

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I'd try to buy another GT!
Its the only supercar you want more than one of

racer22

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2013
Roketman: I've heard that Ford GT's are owned in duplicate more than any other car. Don't know if that's true but I can see why. Also, the different personalities the car takes on with different colors is fascinating.

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
I'm strongly considering adding a 2013 Viper to the stable. The launch edition with blue with white stripe would make a nice inverse to my white with blue GT. I don't understand the service reservations on a new car. If it not a daily driver and it is under warranty what issue are we talking about? Something they just can't fix or too numerous service calls? I just love the looks of the new one and the creature comforts seem to be a major upgrade as well. The 3 I have seen in the flesh have had excellent paint and fit and finish as far as I could tell.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I'd try to buy another GT!
Its the only supercar you want more than one of

+1

Poor Richard

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2012
New Jersey
I have a 2010 Viper convertible as my daily driver..just love it...my GT is for the weekends! you won't be sorry having both.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I have a 2008 Roadster in Very Viper Orange. It's a beast and I love the car, when I want a ragtop ride...

She's fast and garners a lot of attention...but, for a 6'2" guy like me, is a very tight fit with my knees touching the bolster. Rides great, but I won't take her out for a 300 mile drive...

I have to look through the top of the windshield, which exactly isn't a great thing.

I do not like the new Gen V Viper; think they look like shit...and won't buy one either, but to each their own. Most next generation cars eventually grow on me, but this one won't.

racer22

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2013
Guess there were enough Viper endorsements to help me make the decision. Yes I would have liked a second Ford GT but the Viper happened instead. Will take delivery this week. Bought two cars from Ford GT broker Marv Rose in a couple weeks. Wife says I can't hang out there no more. Must say the Viper makes me appreciate the precision of the Ford GT even that much more. Thanks for the input guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008...1126790?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d0e396f06

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Guess there were enough Viper endorsements to help me make the decision. Yes I would have liked a second Ford GT but the Viper happened instead. Will take delivery this week. Bought two cars from Ford GT broker Marv Rose in a couple weeks. Wife says I can't hang out there no more. Must say the Viper makes me appreciate the precision of the Ford GT even that much more. Thanks for the input guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008...1126790?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d0e396f06

Jeez, Jeff.:lol

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I stopped at my local dealer to look at this beautiful red/tan interior Viper GTS. I have never had a desire to own a Viper, but the 2013+ car has me thinking. They seem to be turned out very nicely. The interior was like no Dodge interior I have ever seen.

IMG_0850.jpg

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
What happened to the Corvette you were going to wait for?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I will definitely wait for the C7 Z0??. The Viper is nice though. Michael is heavily lobbying against it. He is playing an endless video loop of the Viper exhaust compared to a cammed Z06. lol. He does make an excellent point. The other problem with the Viper for someone like me who likes to modify cars and generally fart around with them is that the Viper PCM is locked. You would think with the Viper program dangling from a thread, SRT would make the car as attractive as possible to enthusiasts. Ford has really spoiled me.