VIN NUMBER euro specs

luxgt

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2009
luxemburg europe
Is there anybody who could tell me if there is a VIN Number in the car's chassis engraved from factory other then behind the windshield or on the rear diff.

need it for German fahrzeug brief

Aug 25, 2006
FYI

Every body panel has the vin sticker attached to it; now as for the chassis. There is a number on the rear portion of the passenger aka right side side rear shock mount however I do not recall if a portion of the vin is within this number as well.

Takes care

Shadowman

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
As far as I know, the European cars are identical to the US cars other than the small cosmetic changes needed (reverse light, fog light etc).

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
Is there anybody who could tell me if there is a VIN Number in the car's chassis engraved from factory other then behind the windshield or on the rear diff.

need it for German fahrzeug brief

Hi

There are 3 areas.
There is one on the frame/A pillar on the passenger side that is only visable if the fender is removed. There is one on the Casting in the rear right wheel. there is one on the extruded aluminmum below the transmission, Belly pan might need to be removed to see.

luxgt

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2009
luxemburg europe
hey tuned up

what is casting? Is that a part of the chassis? I had the same problem with an American jeep. The VIN number is only behind the windshield. The germans want to see the VIN number engraved somewhere in the chassis. If they don't find it, they take your papers and your license plates and leave you without any legal document.

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
hey tuned up

what is casting? Is that a part of the chassis? I had the same problem with an American jeep. The VIN number is only behind the windshield. The germans want to see the VIN number engraved somewhere in the chassis. If they don't find it, they take your papers and your license plates and leave you without any legal document.

Hi,
the casting is the structure that the rear suspention is mounted to. Please look at the flat areas in hte webbing and near the top of the shock tower of the rear wheels.

luxgt

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2009
luxemburg europe
tuned up

I really searched everywhere on the right side but i couldn't find no Vin number the only one I found is on the transfert case

of coarse i am a man so maybe i should ask my wife to help me search

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
tuned up

I really searched everywhere on the right side but i couldn't find no Vin number the only one I found is on the transfert case

of coarse i am a man so maybe i should ask my wife to help me search

:lol