Video of Ford GT running from cops

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
Tom...
Hope you learned your lesson. Loosing the Boss '9 was a small price to pay.

Now that I am older and wiser and calmer, I bought a 69 Boss 429 to keep the GT company. In a side view the lines of the cars are very similar to each other. You can see the influence of the original GT in the Mustang

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
*disclaimer* Just playing a little devils advocate *disclaimer*
RUNNING FROM THE COPS IS BAD!!!

With that said I bet those guys had the rush of their lives. How many of us on this site have driven stupid or too fast. All of us minus bony (hehe). I for one drive too fast and do stupid things in and with cars all the time. It is stupid to show it to the world, but man it gave me an adreniline rush just watching it that video.

:story: On the way to rally II, I was filling up the GT at a gas station in Utah and ran into a state trooper. We talked for a while. He told me he loved the new look and the colors. He asked where we were heading and how fast I had had it up to? I answered to Cali to the Ford GT Rally, but really didn't know how to answer the speed question. (At this point in ownership I just had broken the 130 mark). I told him just over 100 and that I wish I could really test what the car had. We said our goodbye's and he told my wife and I to have a good trip. As we were walking out he said "hey don't worry about ANY police being on HWY %#@$ for the next hundred miles because we only have three cars patroling on training days and we don't patrol this hwy on training days." As I walked out I looked over at my wife and smiled. We got into the car and started talking if we thought he was serious or just trying to pull a fast one. We pulled out on to hwy %#@$ and I looked over at the wife and said the famous words "we should tap this thing out." I am not going to tell you how fast I did go on HWY %#@$, but it was fast enough for me. There is a point where the car sucks down and we went just a touch faster. ALL I can say is WOW. :thumbsup
The Hwy had no cars on it.
The Hwy was straight.
The day was bright and sunny.
The road was dry.

If there was one of those factors missing I would have not tried. I think about that drive all the time and it gives me a big smile :}

Joe:cheers

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Joe, though it may not be PC, I enjoyed reading your post almost as much as I enjoy exploring the lower right hand quadrant.

YoungCEO

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 9, 2008
Whittier,Ca
Interesting

Think its real

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I love to drive fast - reason why I joined Van Horssen Group over a year ago and reason why I bought the GT. My most recent "rush" was a weekend with a F430 in Santa Barbara and driving it all the way back to PHX. What a blast!

However, I'd have to say that in that heavy of traffic - that guy was risking way, way more than I'd ever consider. Maybe he's young, no family and not aware of what can happen at 150 mph if a lapse of judgement occurs - by ANYONE?

Having said that, I'm curious about the "bars" on the windshield that no one has commented on what they were?

I've got a V1 and it has saved me thousands in tickets. The best on the market. I've heard about "laser jammers" and wonder if that's what they are?

Anyone?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
That guy belongs behind bars, car should be confiscated. Wonder how many wrecks he caused.

That being said I have a lazer jemmer installed.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
From my research, the laser jammers need to be mounted low the ground. The police usually shoot your tag or the lights, so the scrambler sensor (anywhere from 1 to 3) needs to be in that region for best protection. A CB antenna really needs to mounted vertically. Maybe sunshades?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My jammer antennas are mounted in the splitter and on the rear license plate frame.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My jammer antennas are mounted in the splitter and on the rear license plate frame.

Common mounting locations that all peace officers should know about. For a man that obeys the laws of man and nature, why would you need these? Of course you never turn them on in places where they are prohibited like CA.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Since laser jammers aren't illegal in most states, the legal excuse is that they are there to trigger garage door openers.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Common mounting locations that all peace officers should know about. For a man that obeys the laws of man and nature, why would you need these? Of course you never turn them on in places where they are prohibited like CA.

just call me a gear queer:willy:banana:willy