Video Clip: Ford GT Time Attack

gtspec

Aug 4, 2007
Hey guys,
I found this time attack video of our one and only and it looks pretty awesome - make sure you guys check it out!

Ford GT Time Attack

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Great stuff. Make sure you watch both segments.
Thanks

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
his comments were meanlingless to me...

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
The comments were accurate though and he did say the car had a lot of potential, and thanks to this forum, many members are now having a much improved vehicle:
Front End Light - lower front end w/ adj. shocks or shock perches
Longer Gearing - lower final drive ratio
Heat in Engine - Xpipes, Hpipes, etc.

I bet if he were to come back and drives one of the modified cars w/ 700 to 800 HP and double adjustable shocks, he'll be thoroughly impressed. BTW, I saw a video where he commented the Carrera GT's front end wasn't that good either.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
A couple members have mentioned to me, the currently in development, final drive ratio gearing.

Having owned and later modified both a Mustang and SVT Mustang Cobra final drive gearing, I think this modification could be a very effective for both street and track and overall driveability. I am not looking to run at 205 mph on a regular basis, so I would be quite willing to give up top end max speed for low and mid range acceleration. I loved the modification on my mustang and cobra.

I will watch this development with great interest.

FLASH

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 29, 2006
Atlanta, Ga.
He does have a point about heat. On a hot summer day I pushed it at a track day at Little Telladega and with a pulley and modified exhaust the car was overheating. The boost stayed under 12 lbs. but the power felt more like 8 lbs. It did get up to 235 degrees after 10 minutes so I pitted to let it cool. I had the super tuner Jerry Wroblewski change the hi & low fan settings to make them come on sooner but I have not had the opportunity to test the new settings. Hopefully that will do the trick but I wish the car came with a heavy duty radiator and associated cooling components for extreme conditions. Living in Hotlanta has some drawbacks.
Flash :mad