Video: 2012 Nissan GT-R vs 2005 Ford GT.....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
For what its worth, my S550 has had a 60% depreciation in 3 years, but I am able to write it off as I am sure many will be able to do with the GTR. Of course I bought it 1-1/2 yr old with 2,900 miles on her at 40% off MSRP. In my opinion this is the best way to purchase cars that have horrible depreciation.

Wow is that a bad or worst than a BMW. I was thinking of an A8, S550 and 750Li and went with the BMW. I would say all three are lossers when it comes to resale. I think iPhones and iPads depreciate must faster than cars.

H

HHGT

Wow is that a bad or worst than a BMW. I was thinking of an A8, S550 and 750Li and went with the BMW. I would say all three are lossers when it comes to resale. I think iPhones and iPads depreciate must faster than cars.

You're a fricking troublemaker Clinton.:tongue

Hey you're a straight shooter.. What would you compare the GTR to? and can you answer the previous question...what Japanese cars are considered to be Exotic and a Supercar?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
You're a fricking troublemaker Clinton.:tongue

Hey you're a straight shooter.. What would you compare the GTR to? and can you answer the previous question...what Japanese cars are considered to be Exotic and a Supercar?

I wouldn't compare the GTR to anything. It is in a class by itself! If you desire a car that performs very, very well, that can use as a daily driver as well as kick butt on the track, drag or road for under 90K, it doesn't have any competition. That said, I agree with you, IMO it looks UGLY. I not buying one!

Porsches TT, GT2, GT3 cost more, but look better so I would compare the two. Different cars, different market.

Closest thing to a Japanese exotic was the NSX. The GTR will not be a collectible just like the Skyline before it. Always a better one in the future.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I say be happy with what ever it is you like !

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Thanks for the cool video link FikseGTS! Loved it.

BlackIce & HHGT - the only true modern exotic out of Japan is the Lexus LFA. Here are a few photos I took a week ago of 3 of them:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?21688-Spring-has-Sprung!/page2

Ed

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
[

Closest thing to a Japanese exotic was the NSX. The GTR will not be a collectible just like the Skyline before it. Always a better one in the future.[/QUOTE]

Agree

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
true, and the 2012 GT-R will out perform the $450k LFA.....

Thanks for the cool video link FikseGTS! Loved it.

BlackIce & HHGT - the only true modern exotic out of Japan is the Lexus LFA. Here are a few photos I took a week ago of 3 of them:

Ed

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006

And a 140k stock Porsh 911 turbo PDK will out perform a 2012 GTR.......Who cares really. Buy what you like and enjoy what you have

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
NSX is still exotic, handmade, all aluminum, mid engine, rear wheel drive (sounds a lot like another car we know and love), put Ferrari on it's ass and made them go back to the drawing board. Maybe only 290HP on the 1997+ manual cars, but 0-60 depending on the magazine was 4.6-5.1 seconds and the handling was superb. Yeah I'm prejudiced, won't sell mine, has almost 56,000 miles on it (2002) still puts a smile on my face, gets thumbs up from those that know what it is, and half the fun is that most don't have a clue what it is. 2 years ago at the Scarsdale Concours, the people at the check in asked me which model Ferrari my car was, I told them "the only one made in Japan!"

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006

Nice vid of the GTT at the drag strip!!!

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
I'm not so sure about that, but will find out soon.....

And a 140k stock Porsh 911 turbo PDK will out perform a 2012 GTR.......Who cares really. Buy what you like and enjoy what you have

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I'm not so sure about that, but will find out soon.....

I love the performance of the GTRs but, man can't get myself to like the looks of the thing......

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I guess you guys are going to be real disappointed when I show up at the rally in a Boss 302 Laguna Seca ?!
Eric ,I loved the video!

H

HHGT

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
agreed, I can't say the GT-R is a great looking car either.... I was looking for a PDK for a bit, didn't seem as practical for an everyday car for my uses, 15k miles per year, kids, golf, bags for short trips etc....

BTW, my Gallardo is back at Heffner's for a full build... :)

I love the performance of the GTRs but, man can't get myself to like the looks of the thing......

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005

This video changed my mind, I am buying a GTR before a Veyron. :lol

BTW is that the same road the late Alex used to do some top speed runs? A shame he isn't still with us, I am sure his Heffner TT would have given both those cars a run for the money. May he RIP.

Last edited:

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
agreed, I can't say the GT-R is a great looking car either.... I was looking for a PDK for a bit, didn't seem as practical for an everyday car for my uses, 15k miles per year, kids, golf, bags for short trips etc....

BTW, my Gallardo is back at Heffner's for a full build... :)

I hear you....Get the 67s! You can thank me latter

H

HHGT

This video changed my mind, I am buying a GTR before a Veyron. :lol

BTW is that the same road the late Alex used to do some top speed runs? A shame he isn't still with us, I am sure his Heffner TT would have given both those cars a run for the money. May he RIP.

Yup that's the same road. RIP Alex.

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
They have GT-Rs running low 9s right now...

I've heard they have an 8 second car out.

Insane cars. I think 2-3 companies have 1000hp cars out now.

Last edited:

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I don't know who their competition is so I guess I'm showing my ignorance...

As far as resale goes.. In 2009 they has an MSRP of $70K and many fetched $7,500 to $10K plus over MSRP. Mind you ZR1s, M6s, Gran Tourismo etc... have all plummeted as well

Here is what they have been wholesaling for in the past 60 days. So yes..they're resale is horrible...
How is that horrible for wholesale? I recently sold my GTR for 68k to a wholesaler almost 3 years after I bought it brand new for 74k well under MSRP, at 90% of retail I would think that is out performing almost any used car in any market. Looks are subjective , but me I like the looks of the GTR and if you haven't driven one you really ought to because they are awesome performing machines and I don't think anyone would dispute that fact, especially with a Jack Cecil tune!

Last edited: