Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
May they rest in peace... How sad...

cobra_night_dick_s_in_pit.jpg

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
My condolances to all his friends - to lose two family members is almost unbearable. Very sorry to read of lives lost.

FordGT75

GT Owner
Sep 2, 2006
Great Falls, VA
My condolences to the family, may they rest in peace

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Sorry Bony-man, didn't know him but I can feel a loss and emotion everyone else is expressing, anyone with a love of Shelbys is a good man.

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Passing of Dick Smith and his son Kyle

I will always remember the great stories, the great smile, and his love for the Cobra and its following. What a loss to all his friends. God bless his family during this time of loss. He loved his stepson Kyle so very much. May they rest in peace. TGH

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
A terrible tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to this family and friends. My father was killed in a private plane accident and I know what kind of awful pain they are going through now. It is an indescribable sense of loss.

In sympathy,
Rick

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/42877.html

Dick and his stepson Kyle will be memorialized at a funeral service to be held at 10:00 am on Thursday April 26th, 2007 at Peoples Church in Fresno California.

Peoples Church
7172 North Cedar Avenue
Fresno, CA 93722

All are welcome.

Thanks for the kind words.

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
Dick's Moment of Thunder!

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ANYONE WHO KNEW DICK SMITH.

On April 28th Factory Five is hosting a big cruise in at Huntingtin Beach (CA) aftet the Knotts Berry Farm Show. Dave Smith, owner of FFR, has organized a tribute to Dick which includes a "Moment of Thunder". http://www.factoryfive.com/table/showevent/huntington/2007/update/07update.html

(FactoryFive.com) The Dick Smith that we knew was never the kind of guy who would want a memorial moment of silence. So instead of silence we’re going to have the exact opposite. At 6:30 all FFR's present will simultaneously start our engines and rev 'em up loud enough for Dick to hear. We want Dick to be ale to hear this in heaven, so we want it LOUD. (sure, it might compromise our ability to stay there, but we cannot think of a more fitting tribute to our friend Dick.)

It has been arranged for #198 CSX 3035 and his black FFR 3000 to both be out of the barn and will join in Dick's Moment of Thunder.

The guys on my site have went one step further and want to include cars from coast-to-coast. So if you are out, please take 20 seconds and rev that engine at 6:30 PM PST in honor of Dick Smith.
http://www.ffcobra.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/088940.html

God's speed....

- Bill

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What a fitting tribute to Dick Smith from the Factory Five Group, he will enjoy it. I remember an event in Tulsa ,I think at a Shelby meet when Dick was introduced as a spesker and his friends Rick Titus and Austin Craig (Steeda Must. Man) pushed Dicks #198 into the ball room behind a curtain and cranked it up and nearly deafened everyone. He couldn't talk he laughed so hard. He will always be remembered. Tomy Hamon

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
THANK YOU TOMY,
To quote you, "LET THE HEALING BEGIN.: