VERY Funny and Entertaining Ford GT Road Test

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
With the car out of production for almost a year you don't really see new road tests of the GT anymore, but we just posted an in-depth account of driving my blue 2005 model from Los Angeles to Fresno (about 250 miles). My friend/co-worker drove it and it was his first experience with the car. It's a very good read with photos and even test numbers (baseline numbers before I have work done by the GT Guys next week).

Worth a look:
http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/Comments/1282

Last edited:

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Enjoyed it very much! Thanks for letting us know.
Unfortunately, some of the comments from various posters were a little on the dumb ass side...a black box in the GT? Give me a break! And driving the car as it was meant to be driven is not abuse. Ok, my 2 cents.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...a GT500, huh? :biggrin :lol :rofl

Last week, I found out mine was a "Ford Pantera". (...and here all along I thought De Tomaso made those...)

'Fun article!:thumbsup

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Enjoyed it very much! Thanks for letting us know.
Unfortunately, some of the comments from various posters were a little on the dumb ass side...a black box in the GT? Give me a break! And driving the car as it was meant to be driven is not abuse. Ok, my 2 cents.

There really is a black box in the GT. It tells you about it in your owners manual. From what I understand it has a short memory, but if you are in an accident the police can have it downloaded and find out several thing such as speed and brake usage.:ack

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
With the talent on this site, someone should be able to come up with something to circumvent the "black box". Please?

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Karl,

Outstanding work as usual !

Keep em' coming.

Were your numbers on track or from a device. If on track did you get a DA reading?.

What work are you having done ?

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
well done...see you in Newport

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Well written

Funny and well written, thanks for sharing. We've all had those things happen I'm sure. I just don't have the talent to describe them so well.

Gordo.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
The numbers came at a track facility with a relatively sticky surface and a V-Box/GPS-based test unit (same one used by all the big-name buff books).

There was a very slight correction factor, as the ambient temperature was 88 degrees. The raw numbers were 1/10th of a second higher (3.8 zero-to-60, 11.9 1/4 mile), which still seems damn quick to me. Not sure what DA stands for -- air density? The track is at about 450 degrees elevation.

I'm getting a pulley/tune, transaxle cooler and short shifter from the GT Guys tomorrow in Tustin.

They are also doing Accufab axle bolts, oil/filter change and air filter change, but I don't expect those to increase performance. :wink

Last edited:

2005FordGT

Ford GT. It's The One.
Aug 8, 2005
New York
Great read, thanks for sharing!:cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
You got it all.. Well maybe all...
Groucho will give you $200, but the cigar comes later,... Maybe?? :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You got it all.. Well maybe all...
Groucho will give you $200, but the cigar comes later,... Maybe?? :)

Mebbe he would hand yuh $200 if he were alive today...but, 'back in the day' on "Yew Betcher Life" he'd only shell out $100.

Nathan Nitpicker

Last edited: