Vent louvres warping

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
We at Accufab are working on billet aluminum replacements as we speak. I will post some pics as soon as possible. I think we will offer them polished aluminum as well as hard black anodized. Any thoughts?

Thanks

John Mihovetz

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
That would depend on what the end product looked like.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
John (Acufab), with a black car I would like to see a mock up of the black anodized "side louvers" as an option....

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Accufab said:
We at Accufab are working on billet aluminum replacements as we speak. I will post some pics as soon as possible. I think we will offer them polished aluminum as well as hard black anodized. Any thoughts?

Thanks

John Mihovetz
John,
Good idea, I too thought of this. Glad you are doing it. It's just a mater of time until all will have to be replaced, if they are drivers.
IMHO black anodized is the only way to go, no matter what color the car is.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
black is good for me

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Currently we are working on the outer ones only. Basically we are trying to make an exact dimensional duplicate (without the warp).

John

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
EasyEric said:
Can someone with contacts at Ford or Saleen ask why the vent louvers on top (the painted ones) are not open to allow more ventilation?

The pairinted ones actually are functional already - there is air that comes into them from the side, just not directly from underneath

I was wondering the same thing about being open until I took them off for some cleaning. Saw where the air goes in and verified it does exit under the painted louvers.

I think the indirect passage is probably better than a direct opening just so crap doesn't get in the engine compartment.

Maybe we need to develop an engine compartment fan to help push air out though the rear or the louvers when the car is shut off (thermostatic fan).

Jay?????????

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Accufab said:

Thanks

John Mihovetz

I vote for black anodized. Keep the product development rolling. :thumbsup