Vehicles into storage...sad

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
One thing I do as it does not get bitterly cold here. I uncover my car once per month, start it and run it to circulate the oil. If its not too bad that day I may back it out of garage to end of long driveway and back in.

Driveway burnouts?

Ed

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
If you do uncover and start it , make sure it runs for at least 30 minutes to burn out all of the water/condensation and gets good and HOT>
andy (ajb)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Driveway burnouts?

Ed

In Colorado I put mine to bed just around this time of year. Through the winter until late April/May I was always able to find a warm afternoon at least once a month that I could take the car out for a drive long enough to get it up to temperature and clear the cobwebs. Nothing spirited becasue of the cold tires on cold pavfement but the highway stretch was a 60MPH road so it got a pretty good workout. It was good because from my place to the highway was about 4 miles so the car got up to temp before going to highway speed. Other than that I just left it on the tender.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I think I'm taking mine out of storage this weekend - almost as exciting as spring!

Minnesota weather will punish me for this.....