Valet Park a Ford GT?

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Ford GT owners have good taste. File this under, America's Supercar at America's Steakhouse! My pal, Sarasota Cafe Racer and owner of one of the top steak restaurants in the country, St. Elmo Steak House, snapped this outside his landmark Indianapolis eatery Sunday evening. Had to share since this is first time I've seen a FGT at a Valet Parking spot. Not sure if this GT belongs to a Forum guy,
Marty1461596_317366271739612_1755907302_n.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
One of the many benefits of GT ownership. Valets often let you park right up front. I've had them offer to move a cool-but-not-as-cool-as-a-GT car to make room for the GT.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Pockets' #1 rule with regard to parking FGTs: NEVER leave it parked a-n-y-w-h-e-r-e out of your sight.

Rule #1-B: N-E-V-E-R let a valet park it - PERIOD.

'Stepping off of soapbox now...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Pockets' #1 rule with regard to parking FGTs: NEVER leave it parked a-n-y-w-h-e-r-e out of your sight.

Rule #1-B: N-E-V-E-R let a valet park it - PERIOD.

'Stepping off of soapbox now...

EP rule #0, never take you car out of your garage!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Well, I violate #1 all the time. You know, if I'm staying in a hotel, I actually want to sleep in the bed. :)

#1-B is inviolate.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
^ To each is own, sir...

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
One of my favorite steak places. The shrimp cocktail is to die for. Glad to see such a classic car parked out in front of such a classic steak place. Only in Indy. Flashbacks of my old Indiana home.

Otis

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, the shrimp cocktail is to die for, BUT, the cocktail sauce will kill you if you are not warned. I love horseradish, but their's is too strong. Ohio plates on that car.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
That's not a production color as I remember what was available.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
That's not a production color as I remember what was available.

It's white/blue stripe??

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It's white/blue stripe??

'Agree. I'd wager the lights/reflections in the immediate area likely created the odd color.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Ford GT owners have good taste. File this under, America's Supercar at America's Steakhouse! My pal, Sarasota Cafe Racer and owner of one of the top steak restaurants in the country, St. Elmo Steak House, snapped this outside his landmark Indianapolis eatery Sunday evening. Had to share since this is first time I've seen a FGT at a Valet Parking spot. Not sure if this GT belongs to a Forum guy,
MartyView attachment 31878
I ate at St-Elmo's about 15 years ago. One of the better steakhouses I have had the pleasure of eating at, but I didn't have a GT at the time - LOL

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
I ate at St-Elmo's about 15 years ago. One of the better steakhouses I have had the pleasure of eating at, but I didn't have a GT at the time - LOL

The house ground horseradish with their shrimp cocktail is more addictive than crack! My favorite steakhouse by a long shot.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Hey, Marty, how do we get him to open up a steakhouse in Sarasota?

Howard

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
You can ask him at lunch one day. You can buy the St. Elmo shrimp cocktail sauce, available via Internet, mail. It is the most powerful sauce on the planet. Always have one in my fridge!
Marty

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
When I lived in Illinois and traveled Indiana I would go monthly to St.Elmos. And also when attending the 500Thanks for letting me know about the shrimp sauce via internet

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
You can ask him at lunch one day. You can buy the St. Elmo shrimp cocktail sauce, available via Internet, mail. It is the most powerful sauce on the planet. Always have one in my fridge!
Marty

You sir, have altered the course of my life!

5 bottles on order today. The holidays will be a little warmer in Houston this year!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I ate at St Elmos during Indy 500 week in I think 2007. Great steakhouse and many of the racedrivers were there too !!

And I just ordered 5 bottles of cocktail sauce

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
They are going to wonder why cocktail sauce orders are flooding in.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
I think we have found the common thread amongst all gt owners. We may have all dined at st Elmo's before.

The price of cocktail sauce may spike over the next few days due to rising demand.