Upgrad to Whipple for more go

rf18412

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
I have been craving more go for the GT

Looking for advice-tips on upgrading to a 4 liter Whipple

About what are the costs ?

Can I do this myself or local ford dealer or ship to a gt shop to do ?

Thanks,
Robert Foster

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If I remember correctly, "Waldo" said his stock fuel pumps hit 100% duty cycle at 6500 rpm using a 4.0 with 19 pounds of boost, I think. 'Point being there's a bit more to installing a 4.0 than meets the eye.

If they don't see & reply to your post 1st, you might P.M. tmcphail or Fubar re: install info. They (and others here) have "been there & done that".

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
I have a low mileage whipple for sale. Not the 4 liter. The smaller one...3.3 or 3.4.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have a low mileage whipple for sale. Not the 4 liter. The smaller one...3.3 or 3.4.

Those are good too!

rf18412

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
What is the best or most prefered Whipple size for FGT ?

I have only seen 4 Liter with FGTs...?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Email me in regards to this torrie@fastpartsnetwork.com

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What is the best or most prefered Whipple size for FGT ?

Since you asked...Whipple has made 2 or 3 blower sizes for the FGT. IMO, the best all around bang for the buck...and the max h.p. with the least amount of hassle involved is their 3.4 if you can find one. If I recall correctly, you can get 800 h.p. to the wheels with that one...and w/o fuel supply issues.

I'd check with "debtdrives" above about getting his.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Since you asked...Whipple has made 2 or 3 blower sizes for the FGT. IMO, the best all around bang for the buck...and the max h.p. with the least amount of hassle involved is their 3.4 if you can find one. If I recall correctly, you can get 800 h.p. to the wheels with that one...and w/o fuel supply issues.

I'd check with "debtdrives" above about getting his.

I just purchased a new 3.4L through Jason heffner, they are still available if you don't mind waiting a few weeks. I went with this size so I would not be tempted to go to far with hp and possible hurt the car. Just bolt on and rock and roll. no worries about running out of fuel. Also opted for a conservative tune.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have the 3.4 too (Installed by Shadowman). Kept hearing they were discontinued but they seem to pop up alot.

Even though you don't have to have a B.A.P. it may be smart just "in case". Whipple's handbook says don't get on it if you are below half (or was it a third?) of a tank.

I think a used one is good too if it checks out. Save a few bucks and buy some more fuel. :biggrin

100_0892.jpg

Last edited:

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Love those redheads....

Besides reaffirming that I am enjoying the upgrade tremendously (3.4, monblade TB, CAT Delete, Borla, Mafia), I can add nothing more than those that have already weighed in.

View attachment 26057