Unsold ZR1s - List inside

H

HHGT

If you are in the market for a ZR1, here is the latest inventory. Formating is off, but you get the idea.

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base KERBECK CADILLAC PONTIAC CHEVROLET, INC. ATLANTIC CITY NJ
ZR1 3ZR Manual Base BALE CHEVROLET COMPANY LITTLE ROCK AR

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base MIDWAY CHEVROLET COMPANY PHOENIX AZ

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base CHAPMAN CHEVROLET, L.L.C. TEMPE AZ

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base WATSON CHEVROLET, INC. TUCSON AZ

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base COMMUNITY CHEVROLET COMPANY BURBANK CA

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base ROTOLO CHEVROLET INC. FONTANA CA

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base CORMIER CHEVROLET COMPANY LONG BEACH CA

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base MARK CHRISTOPHER AUTO CENTER ONTARIO CA

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base SELMAN CHEVROLET COMPANY ORANGE CA

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base JOHN L. SULLIVAN CHEVROLET ROSEVILLE CA

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base JOHN L. SULLIVAN CHEVROLET ROSEVILLE CA

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base POTAMKIN CHEVROLET, INC. HIALEAH FL

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base MAROONE CHEVROLET OF WEST DADE MIAMI FL

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base SUPERIOR CHEVROLET SHAWNEE MISSION KS

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base SERVICE CHEVROLET, INC. LAFAYETTE LA

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base SPORT CHEVROLET COMPANY, INC. SILVER SPRING MD

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base CABLE-DAHMER CHEVROLET, INC. INDEPENDENCE MO

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base HENDRICK CHEVROLET CARY NC

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base MAC MULKIN CHEVROLET CADILLAC NASHUA NH

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base MAC MULKIN CHEVROLET CADILLAC NASHUA NH

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base MAJOR CHEVROLET, INC. LONG ISLAND CITY NY

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base RAMP CHEVROLET INC. PORT JEFFERSON STATION NY

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base RAMP CHEVROLET INC. PORT JEFFERSON STATION NY

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base FRIENDLY CHEVROLET CO. DALLAS TX

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base MAC HAIK CHEVROLET HOUSTON TX

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base WESTSIDE CHEVROLET, INC. KATY TX

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base BANKSTON CHEVROLET FORT WORTH NORTH RICHLAND HILLS TX

ZR1 3ZR Manual Base PARKWAY CHEVROLET, INC. TOMBALL TX

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My prediction is with the world's current financial problems, it will be much more difficult to get a large premium over MSRP on the ZR1.

I would also predict that some will trying to cancel their F car on order.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My prediction is with the world's current financial problems, it will be much more difficult to get a large premium over MSRP on the ZR1.

I would also predict that some will trying to cancel their F car on order.

You can buy today F cars at MSRP, the ZR1 does not do it for me, nor do any of the pony cars stir my soul. What I want is a CTS-V like sedan made by the Blue Oval team. Guess I will buy another Volvo.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
What I want is a CTS-V like sedan made by the Blue Oval team. Guess I will buy another Volvo.

Discerning man that you are!

My S60R has proven to be an amazing car. :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
So is my V70R which has 92,000 trouble free miles and not $1 or warranty work and not a rattle. To bad they disco'd the R series for the USA,,,

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
F cars @ MSRP?

Is that with waiting list?

-----

Is ZR-1 list public?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... the ZR1 does not do it for me, nor do any of the pony cars stir my soul.

+1

Judging from the fact so many introductory cars are still available, one would have to assume (setting the economy aside) the ZR1 doesn't have the FGT's "WOW" factor.

('Course, it just may be that many people share my own view that if one's going to spend 6 figures on a car it better look like it COST figures.)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
F cars @ MSRP?

-----

Is ZR-1 list public?

You can buy 430's at MSRP's today, I am waiting for the SCUDS to come down to that level. And yes, a first time buyer can get in at that price.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"You can buy 430's at MSRP's today, I am waiting for the SCUDS to come down to that level. And yes, a first time buyer can get in at that price. "

Wow what a difference a $h!tty economy makes! There are two Ferrari dealers within 40 minutes of me, one managed by pretty reasonable people, one run by a condescending @$$hole. It will be interesting to see what their inventories look like between now and New Years.
A 430 @ MSRP, particularly a roadster, and a Scud especially, would be pretty nice.
However, fwiw, @ the Autobahn, a new 430 Spyder and a 360 Challenge car were entering the course as I was letting my GT cool down. For some reason the 430 sounded anemic compared to the lower powered Challenge Stradale. Later, I talked to the owner (same guy for both cars-life's tough) and he said both were stock. The 360 definitely had a more visceral sound to it.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Additionally, re the ZR1s, when the F GTs came out, there was NO WAY 30+ cars were sitting at dealers, unless they were in fact sold and being used by the dealer to draw other traffic. The fact that this memo shows all these cars available is not a good sign for a Chevy dealer. The one I talked to in Kansas said he had a firm offer of $130,000 for their car, and that they were entitled to 4 other '09s, (and certainly no Ford dealer got 5 GTs in '05). If the larger dealers are getting a handful of cars that quickly, that also doesn't bode well for premium prices on ZR1s. I told the dealer to take the $130,000 and run. I doubt many other '09 ZR1s will be trading much over list given how the general economy seems.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
So is my V70R which has 92,000 trouble free miles and not $1 or warranty work and not a rattle. To bad they disco'd the R series for the USA,,,

I just received a note that the new Volvo CEO is pledging a turnaround. I am forwarding your contact infomation as I think he could use some guidance (or a reminder) on what works!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
There is a local dealer here sitting on a Black KR right now that someone pulled out on. It's bad for everyone right now.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
F cars @ MSRP?

-----

Is ZR-1 list public?

I think the Lehman, Bear and WaMu execs canceled their orders. Also the allotment for Iceland has be recalled. So my guess is that the list is much shorter, or non-existent!

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Happy F Cars are back to normalcy; that 2007 nonsense where dealers were quoted in R&T as saying they need +$20-30K over for a continous production car was ridiculous...

Below MSRP will be hard to resist

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
There is a local dealer here sitting on a Black KR right now that someone pulled out on. It's bad for everyone right now.

I bet that is one sweet ride.

Man, the economy is getting ugly. Sad that someone won't be able to fulfill their KR dream. Hopefully another enthusiast can pick it up.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Will they even make them anymore?Gm is in big trouble,maybe more so than anyone thought,I sure do hope this is only rumor......http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1244584#post1244584[/URL]

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Joe,
That rumor is and was b.s. GM is definitely in big trouble, but production of the ZR-1 is immaterial to their overall problems. Bowling Green has said production will go on as scheduled as soon as the break is over.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
That's good to know.:thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Satisfying.

You can buy today F cars at MSRP, the ZR1 does not do it for me, nor do any of the pony cars stir my soul........

Gentlemen,

The ZR1 doesn't light my jets either. Even when I was a kid I was never wild about Corvettes. But I've always loved Mustangs, at least the 1964 through 1970 Mustangs. 1971 and 1972 never looked right to me, and the Mustang II in 1973 I didn't even consider a legitimate Mustang. In 2005, after a 35 year absence from my wish list, brand-new Mustangs again stirred my soul. They're kind of like Snickers bars, inexpensive, as good today as they were when you were a kid, and very satisfying. I think I'll have another.

Chip

Attachments

• 4 Brothers as nice.jpg
    4 Brothers as nice.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 206

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Beautiful new car Chip!!! Fits right in with the rest of your stable. :thumbsup Enjoy!