U.S. cars allowed in Canada

avant

GT Owner
Apr 22, 2007
calgary, canada
I heard a rumor that Transport Canada will shortly let U.S. cars into Canada.

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
It appears that the Canadian government has lifted the bumper restrictions.

Here is a link http://www.tc.gc.ca/mediaroom/releases/nat/2008/08-h158e.htm

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
:banana

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
That means, less cars in the US.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Blame Shelby if that turns out to be the case! :rofl:rofl:rofl

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Blame Shelby if that turns out to be the case! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Dont worry, if Empty has anything to do with it, there will be atleast one sitting in a garage somewhere in Washington state collecting Dust in a garage with the tires dry rotting from not being driven! :lol

avant

GT Owner
Apr 22, 2007
calgary, canada
U.S. Cars

That means, less cars in the US.

I don't really think so. Canada has approximately the same amount of cars per capita, I don't think there is a higher demand in Canada than the U.S.
However, I do think it will give canadians a greater selection of cars and will lower the currently protected canadian price.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Dont worry, if Empty has anything to do with it, there will be atleast one sitting in a garage somewhere in Washington state collecting Dust in a garage with the tires dry rotting from not being driven! :lol

Ya...an' I won't even get PAID for doin' it 'neithur'. :frown

hmg_57

GT Owner
May 6, 2007
After looking at the Registrar of Imported Vehicle's previous and recently updated lists, I can confirm any 05-06 GT is now approved for entry in Canada. Hopefully, it won't kill the market for people that actually bought the higher priced "Canadian version"...

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
I heard about those new bumper laws... have they been put in place yet, or is it still just talk?

No talk...it's a fact. Ford GT's can now be imported into Canada + many other types of sports cars.

H

HHGT

Well, this just means that Trent aka Not 4N will be asking me to find him some more cars here in SoCal

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Well, this just means that Trent aka Not 4N will be asking me to find him some more cars here in SoCal

:lol You know it my friend.
I bought this yesterday, 1 of 24 made, 1 of 14 known to exist:banana, and I will be bringing it home from NM after the Rally.

twstr.jpg

After that my trailer is looking for work :biggrin

:cheers
Trent

H

HHGT

Congrats Trent. Beautiful Car. Pics are sometime deceiving, is that Calypso Orange?

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
All of the Twister Special Mustangs are Grabber Orange but Ford did have Calypso Coral in these years which was an orangy red. :thumbsup