Tyre size

alma45

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2008
even if I know there's a lot of posts on this topic, I'd like to check with you
if anyone experienced the rear tyre size 345/35 together with the std front size 235/45, mainly regarding to the under the car free space. This because in Italy (Europe also I think) there's no chance to find the std sizes and I could find the Bridgestone in the wider rear size stated above.
Thanks a lot.

H

HHGT

Try the Potenza for the rear...

alma45

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2008
Try the Potenza for the rear...

Thanks for the advice, but my problem/question is about the SIZE (wider on rear) and posible problem with the car setting.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I know it isn't recommended to run different types of tire front to rear, however has anyone run the Bridgestone Scuderia on the rears with GY on the front? If so, how well does that combination work?

alma45

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2008
I know it isn't recommended to run different types of tire front to rear, however has anyone run the Bridgestone Scuderia on the rears with GY on the front? If so, how well does that combination work?

Maybe I wasn't clear presenting my question. For sure I'll put the same brand/type on front and rear axle, but my problem is to check if anyone experienced the rear wider size on the GT! Thanks anyway.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Alma45,

We have installed this combination on numerous GT's and there has nvere been an issue - even on cars that have been lowered.

EVERY owner that has these tire prefers them over the Goodyears. Again, there is NO fitment issues.

The info on the Bridgestone Tires is as follows:

Rears: 345/35R19 RE050A Scuderia (OEM Enzo tires)

Fronts: 265/40ZR18 RE050A N1 (Porsche)

From Tire Rack, the fronts are $275 each and the rears are $364.

alma45

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2008
Alma45,

We have installed this combination on numerous GT's and there has nvere been an issue - even on cars that have been lowered.

EVERY owner that has these tire prefers them over the Goodyears. Again, there is NO fitment issues.

thanks friend. one more question: ok also std front size with the wider(345/35) rear size (both available in Italy from ridgestone)?
Thanks again

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Your car will push more through the turns. There is a thread that answers all of the questions.

search for "THE tire thread"

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I am running that combination of Bridgestones. No problems with fit at all, and the front of the car has been lowered 3/4 inch.

The fronts are the same height as the stock, rears are a fuzz shorter but wider. I like the look better with the rears - a little bit wide for the rim, but looks very good to me (I prefer to not a straight sidewall). I did a post with pictures somewhere - you can see how they look.

Alma45,

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Alma45,

nota4re - sorry for my ignorance here but are these tires considered by many to be stickier than the stock Goodyear tires and if so by how much......10% ???

also is this the stickiest rear tire that you can get and still retain the stock rear tire height?

i have no desire to lower my car and prefer to use my stock wheels for road and track......

Last edited: