Two days...

Yukonranger

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2008
Sagle, ID
In two days I get to meet my new GT, a 2000mile black no stripe 05 purchased from Kip Sheward Motorsports in MI. Kip was easy to work with and Monday the car was shipped. I live in ID but it was easier to get transport to CA so I decided to have it shipped there and drive it back.

The car is bone stock (not even the half shaft service bulletin has been complied with. En route to me at this time are:

A CDC bumper delete kit
A FRP borla muffler from a fellow list member
An Accufab axle bolt kit
The pins to wire my radar detector into the mirror circuit'
A SCT tune from Torrie
The ford clamshell pop up springs as on 06 GTs

Already in my possession are Penske shocks from TA, harness bars from Cobrar1339 and a few other bits.

Radar detector is packed....two more days.....

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congrats. I see you have figured out that half the fun is in modifying these cars.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Congrats:thumbsup.....

You need to heavily sedate yourself for the next two days by whatever means possible:chill::beer2:...

It's gonna be tough but she'll be worth the wait

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
enjoy :thumbsup

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Cool, you've got mods BEFORE you've got the car!!! :lol

Congrats, you're gonna love her!!! :cheers

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I love it when someone is so enthusiastic, they received their mods before their car.

I share/d similar enthusiasm. I already had my Macintosh relocation kit from Shadowman before I had my car. Awesome

Don't forget transaxle cooler too. Try Kendall at Cooltech

Yukonranger

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2008
Sagle, ID
I haven't decided whether to go with the FRP transaxle cooler, Cooltech's or buy a cooler and fabricate my own brackets.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Seems much easier to buy Kendall's (Cooltech). It's well designed, well thought out, and his customer service is legendary.

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Awesome ! You can never go wrong with Black !!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Welcome !! You got a good start on the goodies front !!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
SteveA and Floridaho Chris are also Idaho residents.

Sounds like a budding group of FGTs in the Gem State!

Yukonranger

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2008
Sagle, ID
There are probably more Ford GTs in and around Sandpoint, ID than anywhere else. Population is abut 6000 and there are nine GTs. You are pretty much considered a dirtbag if you don't have at least one.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I know of one in Ketchum, Idaho, so add that to the list. WOW at least 11 FGTs in the Great State of Idaho!!! :cheers

Nicec2s

GT Owner
May 20, 2009
Chatham, NJ
Yukonranger,
welcome and congratulations!
I too am a recent GT owner (man it feels great to say that!). I'm proud to say I took delivery about a month ago. My wife and I flew to Missouri, and drove 1150 miles home (to NJ). It was terrific fun. Couldn't believe how many folks took pictures of us with their camera phones....pretty funny.
Enjoy.

Nicec2s

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Yukonranger,
welcome and congratulations!
I too am a recent GT owner (man it feels great to say that!). I'm proud to say I took delivery about a month ago. My wife and I flew to Missouri, and drove 1150 miles home (to NJ). It was terrific fun. Couldn't believe how many folks took pictures of us with their camera phones....pretty funny.
Enjoy.

Nicec2s

Did you buy the low mile yellow car with black stripes? If so...congrats! :cheers

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...My wife and I flew to Missouri, and drove 1150 miles home (to NJ). It was terrific fun....

Hope she didn't pack more than a couple of thongs! :lol:lol:lol

Nicec2s

GT Owner
May 20, 2009
Chatham, NJ
ByeEnzo,
We bought the black (no stripe) car. We doubled the miles driving it home, but it was terrific fun. Luggage was a bit of a challenge, but we managed pretty well.
Nicec2s

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Great choice of color! Congrats on your new ownership; you're gonna love it!
Bring it to Rally IV?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congrats on your purchase. Prepare for not being able to sleep at night for thinking about your NEW GT in the garage! It will happen. Tomy

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Where is she being shipped? SOCAL? We could try and get a little group of FGT's to come out for the un-loading...