Turn signal out!

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
Guys some of you may remember I pulled the front clip last year to replace a refrigerant line..after completing the install I realized my front drivers turn signal stopped working. I'm positive it worked when I tested it just before I closed up the wheel well...It has not worked since as I just didn't feel like pulling the whole front end apart again and now I'm scheduled to drive in the August 4th autobahn in Joliet IL and they want that signal working. Has anyone had problems with turn signals?
Thanks!

Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...n-Left-(Driver-Side)-Front-Headlight-Assembly

Read through this thread. Sometimes a slap is all it takes.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Works only for a brief moment. Need to pull that front wheel well liner and clean those leads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Worked for a couple years for me.

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
Thanks, I will give it a good smacking in the morning! Glad to hear (if needed) I wont have to pull the wheel housing off!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Pull the bulb out and you will notice that the wire contacts will be dark gray/black. Scrape these contacts gently with the edge of an Exacto knife or razor blade. A fine grain emery cloth would also work to remove the oxidation. After cleaning, put a generous amount of dielectric grease. DON'T skip this step unless you relish removing the fender liner! I've had to do quite a few now, never had to re-do one.

Last edited:

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
Wow after dealing with this for almost two years I gave it a love tap this morning and she's working great now!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I had one side go out just after the fender liner was removed and reinstalled. The other side just went out recently. At least now they are back to being symmetrical.

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
I need to pull it apart..the love tap was short lived

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Scooter, sending you a PM. Call me. Dr. Frank

I have a long post here about headlights and replacing the turn signal bulb without pulling the fender liner.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Funny mine just went out today. Tapped it all good lol

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
Found good thread on this forum regarding this problem I searched "turn signal"

I took a few pictures!
Good thing I didn't work out today..its not easy squeezing your arm in there!
photo 1(1).JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto(13).JPG

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Scooter, sending you a PM. Call me. Dr. Frank

I have a long post here about headlights and replacing the turn signal bulb without pulling the fender liner.

Got a link, doc?

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
Link doesn't work
If you go to the 2nd post on this thread that is the link I used

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
If you go to the 2nd post on this thread that is the link I used

Ok got it. I already knew of that thread and posted in it a few months ago.
What's still not clear to me is if the passenger side bulb can be accessed via Dr. Frank's method (dropping front airdam, moving washer reservoir, reaching up to get bulb) or just the driver's side??

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Ok got it. I already knew of that thread and posted in it a few months ago.
What's still not clear to me is if the passenger side bulb can be accessed via Dr. Frank's method (dropping front airdam, moving washer reservoir, reaching up to get bulb) or just the driver's side??

yes - but on pass side there is no washer tank to navigate... much easier.

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
yes - but on pass side there is no washer tank to navigate... much easier.

OK so passenger side sounds easier. As a reference to others on the drivers side I didn't even move the washer tank but I did think it was a miracle when I got the darn thing turned counter clockwise and off!

jtmcgoey

GT Owner
May 17, 2006
Dr Frank I would like to speak to you about headlights. my left side headlight has gone dark on me. the dealer says if it is not a loose wire there is no bulb replacement and I have to purchase the whole assembly for $4,000. is there an alternative?