Tuning mods for my new GT

Gordo

GT Owner
May 27, 2009
Hello gentlemen ! This is my first post. I have been following the forum for over 6 months. I purchased a 2006 Speed Yellow GT with black stripes a few weeks ago with 670 miles on it !:banana I'm interested in doing a tune, pulley and exhaust mod. I cannot decide on the Heffner, Hennessey or Ford Racing package.:confused I was hoping some one would be able to provide some feedback about their own personal experience with any of these companies - good or bad. I've already met a number of GT owners and look forward to making more new friends:cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Welcome to our lil' asylum, Gordo! And congrats on your purchase! :cheers

This may be of some help with the exhaust delema:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3051&highlight=exhaust+compilation

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Welcome...Where are you located?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Welcome

Gordo,

Let me be the first (third) to welcome you. Speed yellow is the color that all of the real Forum studs drive!!! You are probably a pro football player or a Formula 1 driver. Send a PM to "TheGTGuy" and he'll set you straight on a tune. Cheers.

Chip

Gordo

GT Owner
May 27, 2009
I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada - and believe it or not but the snow has been gone for a while already :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You really can't wrong with any of the three. The tune is the important thing. Heffner is probably the most common and well adjusted plus excellent service from Jason.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I used Hennessey and could not be happier with the tune and service. 609 rear wheel HP.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I can assist you with that, PM sent

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats on your car and welcome.

Just what we need here, more canucks. :cheers

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
PICS!! We need some pics! :thumbsup

Gordo, I assume that you have already connected with Superfly on the forum? He is also in Edmonton.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Gord, super glad to see you on here!!! You'll love it, this place is AWESOME!!

We had a fun (failed) dyno day. Torrie, you were right, we do need to remove the pans (at least on the skinny little dyno up here). We didn't want to pull the pans on 6 cars, so we're leaving it for another day.

Here's a pic with 5 out of the 6 GT's that were there in one picture, plus the other GT as a pair in the pic with Gord's car.

On the plus side, Gord, we're going to set up another photoshoot with all 6 of the GT's, and maybe grab a blue one and a white one also. Those will be nice pictures. :thumbsup

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh by the way Gord, my car and Kev's have the Heffner, Don's car has the Borla.

Better pic of Gord's new car. :thumbsup

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Gordo

GT Owner
May 27, 2009
Thanks for posting the pics Pro. Let me know when the next Dyno day is !:cheers