TT Murci vs Pullied FGT and more

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
That murci runs pretty darn good. I belive the cars in Florida, it would be cool to see Joe or Torrie run this car.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=20792321

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That video is total bullshit. I'll believe that car is anywhere remotely close to putting buslengths on a pullied GT when I see it race a Heffner TT Gallardo.

800hp Lambo absolutely destroys 800hp Viper? :bored

Omega_man

GT Owner 2005 #248
Mar 19, 2007
S. Florida
That video is total bullshit. I'll believe that car is anywhere remotely close to putting buslengths on a pullied GT when I see it race a Heffner TT Gallardo.

800hp Lambo absolutely destroys 800hp Viper? :bored

BS??? It's not in any way. I was there. The I've been in that Murcie, I can tell you that my pullied FGT is not even close. The DLM TT Murice car is by far the fast car I've been in or up against.

Also, I've been in that Viper too. Its faster than my FGT, BUT not as fast as the TT Murcie. I have NO reason to BS anyone here...enough said!!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't think a pullied GT would be nearly as fast as a TT Murci. But in the video the GT gets walked way harder than the stock Murci does, and a stock Murci isn't nearly as fast as a pullied GT.

I don't doubt the car is fast, but the way this video is sold and edited isn't legit. Take them to a drag strip, or at least make sure everyone is hitting it at the same time and holding it out to the same speed, like 60-150 or 0-1320 feet. Hitting it at different times, people letting off when the other guy isn't, doesn't show anything.

Better yet, have the Lambo race Mr. Vrooms TT Gallardo.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
How much maintenance was required on the Murci after the run?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I agree with DBK. No doubt the Murcie is fast. At claimed 800 + HP, it has more HP than a pully'd GT at about 600 RWHP. The video depiction is much greater than what would appear on paper. Also, what's the point? Might as well include a '74 Vega with a motor swap which could kill both cars in acceleration. It wouldn't make me want one nor would it make me think that Vegas are faster cars than my GT. I'm perfectly fine with the concept that this Murci is faster than my GT.

On a similarly closed course, I did one or two 60-120MPH runs with an '06 Murci (stock) against my GT (Ford racing headers but otherwise stock at the time). There was some significant taunting side by side at 60 so both cars knew what was happening and could select the right gear. The result was the same for each "race". The GT would, ever so slightly start to pull on the Murci. The higher the speed the more the GT would creep forward. There were several other exotics on the closed course witnessing. When we got to our destination, the Murci owner took a lot of ribbing from his friends. The owner just couldn't believe how much HP those Ford Racing headers must have added to the GT's HP. :eek It was all in good fun.

I say, put the same mod dollars in a GT and in a Murci then test. I bet I know who will win.

Also, in the case of the Murci, it is undoubtedly a beautiful car. But unfortunately, the beauty is only skin deep. Lambo has taken an ancient (by automotive standards) frame components and assembly technology and wrapped in a beautiful skin. In this regard, the Gallardo is a much better engineered car.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Also, in the case of the Murci, it is undoubtedly a beautiful car. But unfortunately, the beauty is only skin deep. Lambo has taken an ancient (by automotive standards) frame components and assembly technology and wrapped in a beautiful skin. In this regard, the Gallardo is a much better engineered car.

Perhaps I'm just a relic from the past, but (with all due respect to Lambo owners), there is little I find appealing about the Lambo's aesthetics. Just like the Countach hasn't aged well, so too will the current crop of Lambos look terribly dated 15 years hence. A good car design will stand the test of time. Lambo got it right with the Miura but since then. . .

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...Take them to a drag strip... Hitting it at different times, people letting off when the other guy isn't, doesn't show anything.

Bingo. 'Need 2C ligit 1/4 mile & standing mile times to get an accurate picture of the differences. 'Can't really tell diddley about what's actually going on here ...'who's doing what when, etc.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
No doubt the Murci TT is fast. However, lest we forget that this is simply a Doug Levin marketing piece.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Perhaps I'm just a relic from the past, but (with all due respect to Lambo owners), there is little I find appealing about the Lambo's aesthetics. Just like the Countach hasn't aged well, so too will the current crop of Lambos look terribly dated 15 years hence. A good car design will stand the test of time. Lambo got it right with the Miura but since then. . .

As a previous multiple owner, I tend to agree. After a while, the lines of the Lambo car designs would get less appealing to me. Kind of weird really, you would just walk into the garage one day and say to yourself, it's just not that good looking anymore. Kind of like some girlfriends I dated before I got married; very hot for a while but no “classic” lines or “internal” features to provide “lasting” appeal. I guess another way of saying "dated" design lines.

One of the reasons I took to the Ford GT was the timeless lines, never grow tired of looking at the car feeling. Anyway, I didn't buy the car to slap a turbine in it and make videos of how fast I can pull away from less HP cars, that’s easy. I find looking at a car designs, their history, and the sum of their existence a more enriching experience. Kind of like my wife

However, I do have to say that I remember some of the videos I made with the hot girlfriends………

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
However, I do have to say that I remember some of the videos I made with the hot girlfriends………

:lol :lol :lol

I have no memory of "hot girlfriends", we didn't have video cameras back in them days. :frown :frown :frown Honest Dear. :rofl :rofl :rofl