TSB"s

rick430

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
boston
Is there a way to find the TSB"s on the GT. Are there any on the fuel filler neck issue? Told dealer "Tasca Ford" about the problem and was told that unless "error code" was showing they could do nothing. My car does not stall but after tank is filled , Idle will act very erratic and seems on verge of stalling. I told them it"s dangerous but they seemed not to care. Help!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Not tryin' 2B a wise guy when I suggest this: try another dealer. Or, contact Ford directly 2C what they'd recommend.

In general, though, you can see why a dealer would be reluctant to "trouble shoot" what the computer baby sitters say is a ghost. The "good ol' days" of describing a pblm and having a mechanic say, "Aaaah! That sounds like...", are long gone. Today it's, "If it doesn't show up on diagonistics - there isn't a pblm."

(Did you buy the car from Tasca?)

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I found out a little secret about dealers. If you take the car to a dealer that did NOT sell you the car they make more money on the warranty work. At least that is what my service dealer and rep told me. They have not said no to any of my service requests yet.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Tasca, has a great relationship and established buisness. Under warranty if you make an appointment and say the car stalls and its dangerous, they will go through all the codes again. :thumbsup They wont verbally turn you away once its posted. NNNNOOOWWW RUN THE TANK TILL ITS A HAIR UNDER 3/4 FULL ,THEN CALL FOR THE APPOINTMENT, ITS THE ONLY WAY THE CYCLE CAN PROVE OUT THE PIPE PROBLEM, NO VACCUUM WHEN THE TANK IS FILLED TO THE TOP.:thumbsup GTJOEY 1314
ROUGH IDLE AT FILL UP CAN ALSO BE CRAP IN THE TANK AFTER SITTING, SO BE SURE, YOU DONT WANT TO RIP THE WHOLE SIDE OF THE CAR OFF FOR NOTHING:eek:thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Warranty reimbursement rates

I found out a little secret about dealers. If you take the car to a dealer that did NOT sell you the car they make more money on the warranty work. At least that is what my service dealer and rep told me. They have not said no to any of my service requests yet.

This is not true. I have been both a domestic and import dealer for 20 years. Warranty reimbursement rates do not change based upon who was the selling dealer.

Chip

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
My family was in the Ford business for years. It used to be that when a visiting owner (didn't buy the car from you) came for warranty work, it didn't count against your warranty claims with Ford Motor. They used to monitor warranty claims closely, and if your warranty percentage got out of wack with what they considered "normal", there was some kind of hell to pay. That was the only advantage that I can remember. I know we were always happy to perform warranty claims for a visiting owner for this reason. No diff in the reimbursement from Ford. Don't know if this policy has changed.

Rick

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
No policy change. TGH

Black 907

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 9, 2006
My car is at the dealer right now with the same idle problem..I was informed today that the Ford Rep. was at the dealer..Fuel filler neck would throw a code..they seem to think it is a bad idle control valve and Mass air flow sensor..They also mentioned fuel pump issues..they are still looking but that's what I know so far. Car had 105 miles when problem started. I'll update when I pick the car up...

rick430

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
boston
Black 907, Sorry to hear that you"ve got the problem too. It would be good if you let us know what they come up with.
Rick

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Yes Black 907, keep us informed. Mine died 3 times in a row last week but I've driven it over 800 miles since with no problems. If there is a cure I want to know about it.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
My car is at the dealer right now with the same idle problem..I was informed today that the Ford Rep. was at the dealer..Fuel filler neck would throw a code..they seem to think it is a bad idle control valve and Mass air flow sensor..They also mentioned fuel pump issues..they are still looking but that's what I know so far. Car had 105 miles when problem started. I'll update when I pick the car up...

I had the same problem and the dealer replaced the idle control valve isntead of the filler neck. Problem persisted for a few more weeks and then it just went away. :confused