Trying to order a GT

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I just spoke with a large NYC Dealer. He said they are getting one and have already sold it to a "collector". He paid a $400,000 deposit and the selling price was $1,000,000.
This is stupid!

Joe:frown

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I just spoke with a large NYC Dealer. He said they are getting one and have already sold it to a "collector". He paid a $400,000 deposit and the selling price was $1,000,000.
This is stupid!

I'm either looking at the new McLaren or an 80 foot houseboat. That is what this pricing/production model did. Either way they will sell them all.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Just wait till Dave answers. Unless something changed, NO one has been allocated anything. Unless it comes from Dave's keyboard, I won't believe it.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...He paid a $400,000 deposit and the selling price was $1,000,000.
This is stupid!

Insane, actually...if it really happened (IOW if it was a sanctioned sale).

I'm either looking at the new McLaren or an 80 foot houseboat.

'Makes a lot more 'cents' (sorry). You'll surely have money left over if you buy the former...'likely would also have a bit of change left over if you bought the latter.

Either way they will sell them all.

Yeeeeeeeep. 'No question.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just wait till Dave answers. Unless something changed, NO one has been allocated anything. Unless it comes from Dave's keyboard, I won't believe it.

What is said here. Dealers were told by Ford not to make such promises. Anyone giving a dealer a deposit now had better be sure it is held in a joint escrow account.

I'm first on an imaginary list and the owner of the dealership and my contact told me there is no new information.

By the way, don't you think if allocations were being made there wouldn't be a flurry of news activity? The opening of the GT350(R) order banks was all over the automotive press.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
We are "guessing" around 400K and Ford will not stop dealer ADM so my "guess" is 400 plus 400. I have mentally dismissed this purchase long ago.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Your friend way over paid for a car that as of right now, doesn't exist yet (atleast not this 1 allocation his dealer is speaking of). And for your friend to agree to pay more than double msrp (which again, hasn't been announced yet) is just plain dumb. Have your friend call me. I have several cars I would like to offer him... :)

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
This is stupid!

I have some stuff to sell the guy.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Unless something changed, NO one has been allocated anything.

This remains true.

Load up on shares of egg producers, we're gonna need a bunch.

There is a phenomenal amount of "Please contact me post haste, our small allocation is nearly spoken for," going around. :lol Oh boy...

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I can't get too bothered about the selling price. First of all if you have a current GT, you are lucky. If you have money to spend, then you'll find a GT someday. If you don't care what the price is (like me). then wait and see what happens. At a produciton rate reported at 200 per year, forget it. They'll be sold long before you can order one from a dealer.

Unless you don't mind spending a million on a new one. Relax.............

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
This remains true.

Load up on shares of egg producers, we're gonna need a bunch.

There is a phenomenal amount of "Please contact me post haste, our small allocation is nearly spoken for," going around. :lol Oh boy...

And he speaks!!! Thanks Dave.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
For what it's worth.....Like I have said before, things will be much different this time around. It will be much less in favor of the dealer. This particular dealer will be lucky if even sees one and I don't have a clue which dealer it is. To give you further clarification, if the GT350R is any indication of how the allocation distribution will be, ask some of your local "large" dealers if they were surprised with the number and/or lack of R's they received?? So imagine the allocation strategy of a vehicle whose production is a fraction of the R's over the course of its build....
This is stupid!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Since I will be one of the seven people, loyal owner and supporter, to receive an allocation at the rally, please have your friend contact me directly.

KKOSH

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2015
Milford, MI
Since I will be one of the seven people, loyal owner and supporter, to receive an allocation at the rally, please have your friend contact me directly.

Hi everyone, I am the sales manager at Pat Milliken Ford and I assure you no one as been allocated any GT's yet. We are looking forward to finding out how Ford is going to distribute this car!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Dr. Frank, I hope to get together with you ASAP at the Rally. I am having trouble with the secret online order form for my GT. There is a section for color, but every time I enter my choice, it defaults to red.

Drinks are on me if you can help me get this resolved!. Thanks!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Dr. Frank, I hope to get together with you ASAP at the Rally. I am having trouble with the secret online order form for my GT. There is a section for color, but every time I enter my choice, it defaults to red.

Drinks are on me if you can help me get this resolved!. Thanks!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
My though on this, GOOD, there is $1m back in circulation, vs in the "collectors" portfolio.

I have ZERO issues with ADM. We live in a free market and never want that to change. Ill never pay an ADM, but that is my choice as a consumer. Yes, it leaves me outside looking in on some cars for sure, but thats ok. I have car that I know for sure was bought with a $10k ADM. I bought the car for $20k less than 1st owner paid. Most cars come back to the longer term buyers (NGT will likely not fit this mold, but 05-05 sure did) ADM buys you the new toy when YOU want it, cutting the line in front of many.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Franchise system is not free market. Not that true free market would necessarily result in lower prices. But the highly legislated and regulated (and lobby influenced) franchise system is not even close to free market.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Look at the new Dodge model. Allocations dry up if corporate hears of an obscene adm.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ill never pay an ADM, but that is my choice as a consumer. Yes, it leaves me outside looking in on some cars for sure, but thats ok.

'Couldn't agree more.

Pockets is loooooooong past the 'gotta have it, gotta have it, gotta have it any any price' mindset regarding anything...cars, houses, boats - whatever.

All grumpy old men get to that point eventually... :wink