Trying to locate Cluxton's business

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
Can anybody believe that a concrete bump stop came up to the front of my car and broke my front air dam?
I thought concrete stops didn't move.

Well, that's almost the way it happened. Anyway, I need a new piece.

Can I get one on the "cheap"?

Leon

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Can anybody believe that a concrete bump stop came up to the front of my car and broke my front air dam?
I thought concrete stops didn't move.

Well, that's almost the way it happened. Anyway, I need a new piece.

Can I get one on the "cheap"?

Leon

How cheap is "cheap"? You can get a new "stocker" from you're Ford parts dude for $150(?) or so.
I bought one a week after getting my car just to have it on hand if I ever have the same experience you did!
:cheers

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'd buy the carbon fiber one that has been posted somewhere on the forum, hang the cost. I just don't have the excuse you have.

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
Thanks for the info. I thought the OEM front air dam would be much more money. $150 sounds very reasonable. I will be on my way to my local dealer to order one. Why is carbon fiber better? Will it not break if another concrete bump stops jumps out from nowhere? My vette has a spring loaded from air dam just for that reason and I have not had to replace it in over 2 years. Not bad considering that a few concrete stops have mysteriously attacked the vette.

Leon

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
http://www.gtc-mirage.com/NewFiles/contact.html

Sorry Leon, when you sent me a PM I was swamped, it is Grand Touring in Scottsdale. Good luck.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Why is carbon fiber better? Will it not break if another concrete bump stops jumps out from nowhere?

It isn't "better", it's just lighter. ...And a lot more munny!

And it will break too!:lol

'Pockets

Last edited:

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
Bony:

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
Front air dam cost-WOW!

Called grand touring cars and they make a 3 piece set just for the GT. However, the price is a "mere" $3,200.00 I did not ask if it included freight but did ask if it would break in the event that a concrete stop jumped in front of my GT again. The anwer was that it will break. I would like to start a movement to end the furtive,secretive attacks of bump stops on GT's in the U.S. After I recover from the shock of the news I will go and buy a genuine OEM piece.

Leon
Hilton Head Island, SC