True track width to the OUTSIDE of the tires of a 2017+ Ford GT

rown4au

Nov 5, 2006
Hi All,

I am currently building a house with a few lifts and want to ensure that I plan a lift that can accommodate both an 05-07 Ford GT and a newer version 2017+ FGT. I currently own neither but hope to someday in the future when my build is done!

I am going with a single post lift from American Custom lifts and after discussing with them at length I need to decide between the normal arms that are good for width's of up to 75" to the outside of the tire or the wide arms which can accommodate up to 81".

Basis what I found in a thread here about modifying a trailer to work with the new and wider FGT, they called out the actual width to the outside of the tire on a new FGT as 79". This seems to indicateI need the wider arms but this also seems to conflict with the information I found on the Ford link below.

https://performance.ford.com/conten...sts/Media Room/2017/01/2017_GT_Tech_Specs.pdf

I suspect the Ford specs are to the center of the tire but I want to make sure I get this right so I figured I would ask a group of owners who will be able to tell me definitively.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
When driving onto our 4 post lift, the mirrors are as close on to the posts as the tires are to the edge of the lift.

Edit, saw your post on the 05-06, you only need to plan for the NGT, the "old" one fits easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nafod