Travel issues.....I-94- Chicago

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
We just returned to Detroit from the Rally III tonight. Had a flat tire in OklahomaCity but the Memories of the Rally are still exciting to think about..

The BIG ISSUE TODAY was that 60 miles of I-94 between I-55 and about I-194 IS CLOSED>>>FLOODED>>>>> They put you onto a detour on Route 30 east....adds 4 HOURS TO THE TRIP>>>>

If anyone has not gotten that far (ie DBK if you are still on the road ) STAY SOUTH and come up through INDY to I-69...
What a mess....
Bumper to bumper semis at 5 MPH>.
\AJB

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Andy, sorry to hear that but glad you and Margaret made it home safely..

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Thanks Tim... I was surprised that I-94 was still flooded 3 days after the big rains.
Andy

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hey Andy,
Happy to hear you made it home safe.. I rolled in late last night !! I hope to see you and the family next year !!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Andy did you drive the GT?

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
They re-opened I-94 at that point 6pm Thursday - it was closed FOUR DAYS!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Andy was trailering his GT behind his Ford P/U truck. Saw him off out of the convention parking lot in Vegas Sunday morning as I was loading my GT into the car carrier.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Thanks for all the nice notes guys. Seems like everyone has now made it home safely. My trailer is washed and stored in Pennsylvania and I just got the last 'Death Valley bugs" off the nose of the GT tonight....and vacuumed all the red sand (that Margaret spilled on the floor of the GT) from the Valley of Fire trip.
It is a long trailer trip (Brian - glad you made it back to Fla with the 'softside') but when I look back on the week we had together and the memories...man it just doesn't get any better than this..!!
andy