Transaxle magnetic oil fill plug tests-FOR ALL GT OWNERS!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Finally,

Gtsaver.com will be selling a "billet" magnetic aluminum fill plug for your transaxle. This is a quality replacement for the non-magnetic cast plug.

This magnetic plug update works well because the main filter, which is part of the drain plug assembly, consist of a large size mesh screen as seen in the image below:
Transaxle%20drain%20filter%20plug.jpg

GTsaver transaxle magnetic fill plug versus stock cast aluminum alloy plug:
Production%20transaxle%20magnetic%20drain%20plugs.jpg

I removed the stock fill plug from my GT and installed the new magnetic plug. After approx. 50 miles of driving, I removed the magnetic plug and here is the result. The extremely small "silt-sized" particles stick to the outer edge of the magnet due to the maximized field strength in this region. The larger metal "chips" stick to the central region of the magnet. This product is not current on my crappy website yet, however, shipments will be ready on this coming Monday. ALL GT's SHOULD HAVE ONE OF THESE! Jay

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Plug%20after%2050%20miles%20MED.jpg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Jay, impressive collection of metal! I would even be better if a magnet could run the length of the screen on the inside of it.

BlackICE

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
BlackICE,

You're correct. I just haven't figured out a bullet-proof method of doing this. If that magnet should break loose inside of the trans, all hell could break loose!

Jay
BlackICE said:
Jay, impressive collection of metal! I would even be better if a magnet could run the length of the screen on the inside of it.

BlackICE

Last edited:

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Jusr curious, but what size is the bolt head on the drain plug? It looks way larger than 25mm. I want to make sure I have a wrench big enough to fit it.

Eric

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Transaxle magnetic fill plug size

Hello Eric,

The size is 15/16".

The original plug is 0.943", the GTsaver magnetic plug is 0.945". The blue anodizing adds almost a "thou" to the surfaces. Most persons have a 15/16" wrench or socket (6 point is best).

The drain plug is 1.25".

I will have a new image soon.

Thanks,
Jay
www.gtsaver.com

EasyEric said:
Jusr curious, but what size is the bolt head on the drain plug? It looks way larger than 25mm. I want to make sure I have a wrench big enough to fit it.

Eric

Last edited:

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Thanks for the prompt response Jay!

Eric

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
After another 40 miles!

EasyEric said:
Thanks for the prompt response Jay!

Eric
Eric,

Your're welcome!

Just wanted to show you the plug after about another 40 miles. This time, the particles were more "medium-sized" compared to the first time.

Plug%20after%2040%20more%20miles.jpg

Jay
www.gtsaver.com
(949) 366-1211

Last edited: