Transaxle half shaft seals

FrenchBoss

Jul 14, 2014
Quebec, Canada
Hi Guy's. I am replacing half shaft bolt with Acufab's kit. I need to change the seal in the transaxle, any idea were I can get these?, Thanks
Stephan

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Why do you need to change the seal?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I had to change a leaking seal and purchased the seal directly from Ford and replaced it myself. Very easy procedure.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Check with Torrie (tmcphail), Scott (NorthwoodGT) or Shelby (shelbyelite)

FrenchBoss

Jul 14, 2014
Quebec, Canada
Why do you need to change the seal?
One of the seal has a tear, and it leaks

Thanks for all the info's guy's any part number by any chance :confused

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Part number is 4G7Z-1S177-BA I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Sure, if the seal is bad - especially is visibly torn, it needs to be replaced. There is a know leak "issue" and a TSB 05-10-13 the describes the process to fix it. I just didn't want you to mis-diagnose the TSB described issue with a faulty seal issue. (Personally haven't witnessed a faulty seal but I know that the Service manual cautions against removing the couplers unnecessarily so I'd guess the seal may be a little fragile.)

FrenchBoss

Jul 14, 2014
Quebec, Canada
Sure, if the seal is bad - especially is visibly torn, it needs to be replaced. There is a know leak "issue" and a TSB 05-10-13 the describes the process to fix it. I just didn't want you to mis-diagnose the TSB described issue with a faulty seal issue. (Personally haven't witnessed a faulty seal but I know that the Service manual cautions against removing the couplers unnecessarily so I'd guess the seal may be a little fragile.)

Yes the left half shaft came out about 1/2 inch, I could move it around by hand, that probably did damage the seal. $ 100 a seal that is insane!!!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I paid $82.53 in 2010, so it hasn't gone up much......and really, that's insignificant. If you're worried about an $85 seal, you don't want to price out a headlight or gauge my friend.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
How about the windshield/roof weatherstripping. It's all one piece. $550... per side.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

FrenchBoss

Jul 14, 2014
Quebec, Canada
I paid $82.53 in 2010, so it hasn't gone up much......and really, that's insignificant. If you're worried about an $85 seal, you don't want to price out a headlight or gauge my friend.

I know , change left light assembly last year $3500. I dont mind paying and can understand some part are specific to the car. Unless these were specialy made for the Ricardo Trany and specific to the Ford GT , I just cant see why a basic oil seal would be worth that much, just my 2 cent. By the way that was in US prices, they are $175 cnd each up here:wink