:rofl

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
Lee,

You may be interested in this, some serious power

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1851077

Thanks Junior, very interesting. my next door niebhor has 3 Ford GT's. Two are on lifts and have never been titled and only run once a month. He bought them as an investment.

His everyday FGT has been upgraded to 23 psi boost, sport exhaust and a short throw shifter. When I rode with him he had changed the electronics for more power but had not had it dinoed yet or race tuned. he is expecting 864 hp and I believe it. it has eye hurting accel and is simply amazing. it is as docile as a normal FGT but comes alive when asked.

A few months ago I drove the two Lambos. Gallardo and the Murc. The "G" car was okay but the Murc was the worst car I have driven in recent time. it was brand new. The e-gear was slow and the car felt stiff. A beautiful car but not a wonderful driving experience. This was not the new LP640, they were just comong out then. They may be better.

Lee :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
A few months ago I drove the two Lambos. Gallardo and the Murc. The "G" car was okay but the Murc was the worst car I have driven in recent time. it was brand new. The e-gear was slow and the car felt stiff. A beautiful car but not a wonderful driving experience. This was not the new LP640, they were just comong out then. They may be better.

I'm a big fan of the Gallardo...I hate to pass judgment on the Murci without having driven it, but everyone I know who is serious about *driving* doesn't have positive feelings about the car. Same goes for LP640. A member here went with me to the local Lambo dealer, test drove the LP640, said thanks, and went and bought another GT instead the next week...

The Gallardo is a really fun car. It's not fast, but it's got a tremendous soundtrack and loads of grip.

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
Lambos

I'm a big fan of the Gallardo...I hate to pass judgment on the Murci without having driven it, but everyone I know who is serious about *driving* doesn't have positive feelings about the car. Same goes for LP640. A member here went with me to the local Lambo dealer, test drove the LP640, said thanks, and went and bought another GT instead the next week...

The Gallardo is a really fun car. It's not fast, but it's got a tremendous soundtrack and loads of grip.

Great post and I agree with you. I walked away after driving the Gallardo saying I could own one of these. I think it is a little faster then my F430. The handling is not quite as agile as the F car. A great car and worth owning.

The Murc was a very big unpleasant surprise to me. I have a Ferrari 599 on order that I was supposed to get in Feb 08, with Ferrari we will see. Frankly the 599 styling leaves me cold. The Lambo's especially the Murc are just awesome looking. it is the type of car you go out to the garage and just stare at it while you drink coffee. i confess I do that with the FGT also.

When I went down to drive the Murc I planned on buying it and flipping the 599 if and when I got it. I am finally on the MSRP line at the Ferrari dealer.

The Murc was just a horrible car, just horrible! i do not see how anyone could like it. The steering was stiff, the ride was horrible and the transmission took for ever to change gears. The F1 in my Ferrari felt twice as fast. My freind who was with me and owns or has owned alot of exotic cars walked away shaking his head in disbelief. This car is not meant for an enhusiastist. The only car i have driven that is worse is that Pontiac with the eagle decal on the hood. That car might have even been better. It is that bad!

I be fair with Lambo I have not driven an LP640 which the dealer told me had 60% different parts. I have not gone back.

This makes me appreciate even more the Ford GT. It is the best car I have owned or driven. If Ford can do this they can win the more important battles that lay ahead.

Great post :thumbsup

thanks

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I love what Dodge did with the Viper. They reinvented American muscle with that car. In no small part due to C. Shelby's involvement. It was the start of 2000's muscle war that the big three have been in. Corvette/Viper/Mustang

My favorite thing about American muscle car's is the sound of a lazy big block with crazy cams and a sport exhaust. It's too bad Viper switch to that V10. That engine doesn't have near the character of a Vette or Mustang engine.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I would encourage to you keep what you got. The GT has turned out to be a pretty good investment so far. By the time you get done taking your loses on a Viper... you'll need that $50k to be making 100% return.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Did the same thing.

Almost the same as MK2 GT did,But only sold one of the vipers.But did get two new GTs.