Trade GT for 08' Viper?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Apparently you are in need of my services. You must be brain dead.

Dan Schoneck

Permanent Vacation
Oct 31, 2007
Ever since I was a small kid playing with my hot wheels cars I dreamed of owning a GT40. To me it was the holy grail of automobiles. When Ford announced that they were going to do this two year run I told my sons that we would have one come hell or high water. I bought it because its a religious experience for me. The culmination of a lifetime of dreams. Add a viper to the collection maybe. Sacrifice my GT, Hell no! Not today not ever!

whos Pantera nest to your GT.
I have a 74 gts that is get'n a 750hp craftsman truck motor and a Gt transaxle.

Midengine-man

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2007
I agree with "gtinmyblood". I love Ferrari's but they look tame compared to the GT, (and are). I schemed to get mine ever since I saw the yellow GT at the 02 Car show. :rofl

06 #1118 (Midnight Blue)
Ducati 998
Ducati 998R
Formula Ford 2000
E350 V10 Tow Van

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
who's Pantera

whos Pantera nest to your GT.
I have a 74 gts that is get'n a 750hp craftsman truck motor and a Gt transaxle.

The Pantera belongs to me as well. for more pics go to

http://promotionphoto.com/list.php?exhibition=213&pass=public&lang=eng

These are photos that were taken for an article in Pantera International's magazine a couple of years back.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Got to admidt that is one bad Pantera. I have never seen one that comes close. The engine shots blew me away.

You are one lucky guy.

On Topic:
Viper cool.. brute car.... with big hairy balls
GT cool .....precise machine ...sexy well hung

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
simliarities

Thank you very much for appreciating it.
Back to the "GT being the Holy Grail" comment I made earlier. The Pantera was intended to be the road going for the masses version of the GT 40. Brought to you by Anthony Lido Iaccoca and Alejandro DeTomaso. When you look into the history and also compare measurements etc to the original GT40 you see what was happening. Prior to this recent 2 year run of FGT's there was no way I could envision of ever owning a ford GT40 so I went with the Pantera. This car was a 10 year labor of love in which every single little detail was thought through and every part touched or replaced. The GT and the Pantera are my two favorite toys. I wouldn't let go of either one.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Wow, that is one beautiful Pantera. All of your attention to detail shows through in spades. Very nice work. I've always lusted after the Pantera but ended up going in a different direction. As you've pointed out, we can thank Lee & Alex for making it happen.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
This is like dumping

heather_locklear.jpg

And dating

ChynaPicture.jpg

:biggrin

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
NOW that is funny!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
in my blood... that is one hot Pantera... great pictures...

Junior,... those are two hot nice young ladies,... are they on Match.com or Craigs List? :)

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Favorite toys

Thats fair. I show my two favorite toys...Junior shows his favorite two toys. But now I am confused as to which two I like better! Damn!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
in my blood... that is one hot Pantera... great pictures...

Junior,... those are two hot nice young ladies,... are they on Match.com or Craigs List? :)

:lol:lol:lol

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Thats fair. I show my two favorite toys...Junior shows his favorite two toys. But now I am confused as to which two I like better! Damn!

I'll increase your confusion with the "other" of my two stable favorites :biggrin

100_0712-1.jpg

100_0748.jpg

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
You are sir, obviously a man of impeccable taste!

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
Sorry to disagree

If you'd rather pocket the cash for an investment, go for it. That said, the Viper is absolutely nowhere near the car the GT is. Cool car, great performance...but you wouldn't put it in the same category as a 430 or Gallardo, and that's the category the GT is in. I drove an 08 a couple months ago. Prodigious hp and tq. Very raw. Would be a killer track car.

I own a F430 Ferrari and a Ford GT among other cars and the FGT is a better car than the Ferrari. There are pros and cons but the FGT out powers the F car and handling while not quite Ferrari is still very good. The 6 speed manual transmission is wonderful right up there with a Porsche 911 (997).
These a great cars.

In my mind cars are only just machinery and if there is something better buy it. The FGT as a design is awesome! I have a few cars that do this or that better but the FGT when all of the plus or minuses are added is the best. Ford should be very proud! it is the first American car I have bought in 20+ years. I think this and the new Corvette are the first signs American car companies are finally on the hunt.

I have been looking at the 2008 Viper to add to my stable. The dealer in Daytona Florida will not get one for at least 90 days. It should be a great track car but not a perfect road car. That is okay with me.

The other car I am thinking about is the new Corrvette. I drove one of the early C6 and was unimpressed. The car handling felt numb! The new 2008 model is a different story. The engine is more powerful, but the big news is the 6 speed transmission and the enhanced handling. The 6 speed is almost as good as the 997 variant 911 Porsche. The handling for the 2008 model is much better now. There is road feedback and it feels more poised. There was alittle "puffiness" in agrressive corners but okay. I was close to buying a 2008 Corvette replacing my 1999 Porsche 911, which is my everyday car. In the end I bought a new Porsche 911 CAB but it was twice the cost over the Corvette which is almost as good and maybe arguably a better car.

For my next addition, I am balancing the new "blue devil Corvette which is supposed to be 700+ hp or the Viper. I am hoping they will at some styling ques to the Blue Devil or whatever it is called so it stands out. The Viper appearance I find more appealing while i like the Corvette.

Lee :willy

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
You are sir, obviously a man of impeccable taste!

Why thank you, it takes one to know one :thumbsup

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Lee,

You may be interested in this, some serious power

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1851077

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Lee,

You may be interested in this, some serious power

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1851077

Saw that puppy at the SEMA show, the owner of unit number one is Jay Leno.
Amazing workmanship, of course $185,000 plus you supply the C6.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Saw that puppy at the SEMA show, the owner of unit number one is Jay Leno.
Amazing workmanship, of course $185,000 plus you supply the C6.

Can Grandma tell the difference between the C6RS and the C6-ZO6 ?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hell No Junior!

Nor can she tell a Cayman from as RS3. Or a 308GTB from an Enzo :)