Track Time in So Cal

Logan11

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2007
i am interested in taking my GT on the track. i think that for the first time it would be nice to have some instruction. anyone know of a place in So Cal where i can arrange this.

Willow springs is relatively close to me - just not sure how to arrange for an instructor to accompany me.

thanks!

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
There is an organization called NASA that has track days in southern california. http://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/index.html There are four levels of drivers, in the first level they will teach you the basics and drive with you. I did a three day race class with skipbarber.com. I learned a ton. I recommend both.

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
Willow Springs is one of NASA's track locations.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
www.Arosc.org

Drivers school labor day weekend, Streets Of Willow. Instructors provided. A few are Ex Pros. Mature group.

Of if you want to step up a bit. Danny McKeever at Fast Lane drivers school holds classes at Willow. Danny is a fromer pro and teaches the celebs for the Long Beach Grand Prix. Good guy.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Just so you know, There is going to be Ford GT ONLY driver's school at Willow Springs on October 9th, 2007. That's the Tuesday following Columbus Day.

If anyone is interested in information regardiing this school please feel free to contact me at TallCarGuy@aol.com

Richard Hille
2005 GT #916
White with Stripes

Additionally, those interested in the Silver State Classic Challenge, I have been running these events for eight years. I 'd be glad to answer any questions. I have won the Unlimited Class there.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Richard, it was a pleasure chatting with you at the Petersen! Welcome to the forum!

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
It was really interesting seeing so many GT owners in one place.

By the way, I love your avatar..... :wink

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
WSIR 9/1 and 9/2

SpeedVentures is putting on a track event next weekend. Good instructors, good track:
Dearest Customers,

It's time to stop laboring and start driving fast. Our upcoming event on Septemer 1 & 2 at WILLOW SPRINGS on the Road Course (Big Track) has only 34 people signed up on Saturday and 19 people on Sunday. Each run group will get 5 sessions (4 at 25m and 1 at 30m) scheduled. As usual the track will probably empty out after 2pm and you should pick up another session or two.
We will also have some interesting entertainment with a fleet of Radicals that will be racing in the Radical Cup West race series. Some of these cars are expected to turn laps in the teens. Their activities will in no way detract from your track time and you won't have to worry about pointing them by as they will have their own dedicated sessions. We will run three run groups + the Radicals.

Following that we have a STREETS OF WILLOW event on Friday, September 14.
Only 12 people have signed up for that event.

ANYONE WHO ATTENDS BOTH EVENTS WILL GET FREE TIMING FOR BOTH EVENTS (= $40 discount). If you have your own transponder, we will waive the $10/event processing fee and give you an additional $20 discount).

To sign up for either of these events, visit our website, www.speedventures.com. If you plan on attending both events, please make a note in the comments box.

Happy Motoring and we hope to see you at the track,

Aaron & the Speed Ventures Crew
323-461-4795

I'm running in the Radical Cup.

GT Bill

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2007
California
Open Track Event at Willow Springs

Please see my thread on the open track event at Willow Springs
Nov. 3rd - 4th with the Pantera club.

GT Bill