Track events

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
I need tire pressures for on track driving. I am taking my car to Roebling Road in 2 weeks. Any and all track set up would great. Thanks Bill

FLASH

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 29, 2006
Atlanta, Ga.
Bill,
What organization is putting on the event and what is the date? I ran at Road Atlanta and I had 27 on the front and 29 on the rears.
Flash:cheers

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
It's a private club with Brian Redman. I allways take my race cars up but now they have a low sound meter that only one will pass. So I'll take the GT. Oct.12-14
Brian started the club back in the early 90's it's called Targa 66 we get 3 days of track time, lunch and Sat. nite dinner at each event. At least 2 events a year Morosso in Feb. and Savannaha in Oct. There are always some great cars show up.

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
Had a great time driving the GT at Roebling Road in Savannaha, Ga. this weekend. I had my Porsche Carrera GT and one of my racecars also at this event. The race car was the fastest with the Porsche and then the Ford GT. The Ford GT was very smooth and easy to drive, very fast on the straights with conering speeds near that of the Porsche. Over all a great car.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Had a lesson on the Streets of Willow this week.....mid 70's to low 80's temp and I ran 30 psi front and rear on stock tires. I did not roll over the sidewalls at all, and the wear pattern was right on the edge. I've seeen a couple guys set their pressure at 27 and 28. That seems low to me, what am I missiing ??

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
i like 37 front 38 rear (hot) on the stock runflats.

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
Had a lesson on the Streets of Willow this week.....mid 70's to low 80's temp and I ran 30 psi front and rear on stock tires. I did not roll over the sidewalls at all, and the wear pattern was right on the edge. I've seeen a couple guys set their pressure at 27 and 28. That seems low to me, what am I missiing ??

If you start there cold, you'll find them up in the mid 30's after hot laps.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I ran in the 27-28 range and had wicked uneven tire wear on the rear tires. Now I will say it was on a TIGHT track and the car is heavy ... but the wear was surprising.

S

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
I should have added that we ran 35 fronts and 37 in the rears. Roebling Road is a fast 2.5 mile course with no slow coners. Bill