Track day insurance

Yukonranger

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2008
Sagle, ID
I am considering using my GT exclusively for track day events and not insuring it for road use. Does anyone have a source for track driving school events only? Thanks

Mike

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Here is an old post regarding track day insurance.

Good Luck.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12903&highlight=cover

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I have some info I will post later. Seems they want to cover you only a few months at a time and it is pricey.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
State Farm covers me fully under my regular insurance as long as the track day is not competitive - not timed, no racing, etc. They consider it a training event.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We just did a track day in Joliet, IL. The sponsoring group, MVP Track Time, offered this info up.

WSIB Insurance
www.WSIBInsurance.com
Kraig Hopkins (866)904-9742, ext 2506

I know nothing about this outfit and have not used them.

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Have insured a couple of cars with WSIB for 2 years now-'07 GT3 RS and '08 Viper ACR. $100,000 w/$5000 deductible for the RS, $65,000 w/$5000 deductible for ACR was max they would insure. Annual premium $5,988.00 for ~ 25 track days. Did a good bit of homework on this and WSIB was one of a few who would even offer coverage for an annual period. Not cheap, but considerably less expensive than insuring by individual track days. Intersting comment by Fenzo. Will have to check State Farm.

Yukonranger

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2008
Sagle, ID
I will check into some of these. I had coverage through Amica when I crashed at Spokane Raceway. They stood up to their obligations under the policy and paid the claim and I have no complaints. However, they don't want to insure me in my replacement GT or a 65 fuel injected Corvette. Now with two moving violations (one deserved, one not) and the crash (the magic number three events) insurance quotes are so high, I have liability coverage while self insuring the vehicle itself. I want to participate in track driving schools but am reluctant without coverage particulaly given my experience last time.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Tiger 6
It sounds like you have track experience. Do you instruct with any car clubs ?
We will be looking for instructors for the rally .
pm me if you are interested