Track attire

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
What is the required clothing for our track days at Miller....full fire suits? long pants and long sleeve T shirts?
I've done HPDE's with varying dress codes. I'm driving from DFW and want to pack the GT with as little as possible. I plan on bringing my hardhat and HANS.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Not certain if there is a minimum requirement....but I know I will be nice and toasty in my driving/fire suit.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Where do you guys put the helmet in the car?

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

On my head!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

OK, Here is my serious answer. If you are driving to the rally solo, it is no big deal it can go on passenger side floor. I have gone to track events with a passenger and then it involves creative packing. I can place a folding chair behind passenger chair and then the helmet fits between the passenger's legs. Some actually ship their helmet and extra clothes to the hotel or find a trailer going to toss in extra gear

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
What is the required clothing for our track days at Miller....

Someone correct me if I'm wrong: minimum requirements would be cotton long sleeve shirts, pants & socks; cotton shoes, helmet (Snell 2005 & up); standard safety belts - no nylon, rayon or other synthetic material in the clothing.

I wear a 3 layer F1 nomex suit with nomex underwear, socks & balaclava, racing gloves & shoes, helmet, Hans device, 6-way full racing harness with an accessible fire extinguisher within reach.

I would say that anything in between these two definitions would be acceptable. It depends on how much you wish to protect yourself.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I think you are 100% correct, Ralphie!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Generally long pants and long sleeve shirts.But I am a ok with short sleeve shirts .If you want to wear racing suits ,thats a ok too.
No rain coats !

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I always wear a suit, helmet and HANS. Although I've never used the HANS in my FGT that has street seats. I typically only use it in the race cars. I think I'll try it in the FTG. There are no rules mandating that we will have to wear an FIA approved suit. Long sleeves, preferably cotton and long pants are minimum.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Someone correct me if I'm wrong: minimum requirements would be cotton long sleeve shirts, pants & socks; cotton shoes, helmet (Snell 2005 & up); standard safety belts - no nylon, rayon or other synthetic material in the clothing.

I wear a 3 layer F1 nomex suit with nomex underwear, socks & balaclava, racing gloves & shoes, helmet, Hans device, 6-way full racing harness with an accessible fire extinguisher within reach.

I would say that anything in between these two definitions would be acceptable. It depends on how much you wish to protect yourself.

Ralphie-

In your well developed list above, you forgot one important item (especially in your case)

EAR PLUGS!!!

See you soon my friend!:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Long pants and closed toe shoes. Bring a helmet. Gloves are highly recommended since it will be hot and your hands will be sweatin.

I just did a track day at MMP last week and they actually allowed us to wear shorts, but we're going to go with long pants.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Im wearing shorts if they let me!

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Im wearing shorts if they let me!

You have my permission,,,,,,and your legs are nicer than Nardo's anyway.......:lol

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Gino ,
You make me laugh! Can’t wait to see you !

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Is this DBK in his shorts?

short-shorts.jpg

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Thanks, Tim. I really didn't need to see that this morning...

H

HHGT

View attachment 21647

Was there a stop at Castro district? Tim, what else showed up when you entered a Google Search?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

View attachment 21647

It looks like he put on some weight after the baby! :lol

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
OK, Here is my serious answer. If you are driving to the rally solo, it is no big deal it can go on passenger side floor. I have gone to track events with a passenger and then it involves creative packing. I can place a folding chair behind passenger chair and then the helmet fits between the passenger's legs. Some actually ship their helmet and extra clothes to the hotel or find a trailer going to toss in extra gear

UPS is your best friend when travelling with the GT!