TPMS Deactivation

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
Will be putting new tires/wheels on my '08 Shelby GT500. Is there a way to deactivate the TPMS system on the car? Don't want to transfer the sensors from the old wheels to the new or buy new sensors and mounting bands

Thanks!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Have you considered just getting another set of TPMS sensors? the net costs are something like $100 for the 4 sensors, aftermarket bands range from 5 to 35. As far as I know the system is faderally mandated and not able not be disabled. Even the learning tool can be bought for soemthing like $20 also. Do a search over at www.teamshelby.com they have LOTS of info......

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Have you considered just getting another set of TPMS sensors? the net costs are something like $100 for the 4 sensors, aftermarket bands range from 5 to 35. As far as I know the system is faderally mandated and not able not be disabled. Even the learning tool can be bought for soemthing like $20 also. Do a search over at www.teamshelby.com they have LOTS of info......

Farrari's TPMS can be deactivated (mine are).

svtowner

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 2, 2006
See:
http://www.revolutionsupply.com/
For TPMS Hardware.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
2003 on your Ferrari correct? I thought the fed requirement of TPMS was more recent, which might be why you are able to turn off yours. I am sure someone more qualified than me knows......

Farrari's TPMS can be deactivated (mine are).