Total disrespect......

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Agreed. People today, especially younger people simply have no respect.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Success brings hate.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Yellow RC Models

Hey, my CVS only had the Red and Orange and they were 27 MHz. I got them all Ford GT's and they just all run around on the same frequency!!!!! I need that 49 MHz Yellow!!! I bet I went to 5 different CVS's!!!

I got the yellows last year , and could only find red & orange this year (?). All the yellows were 49Mhz and while the boxes on this year's red & orange models indicate "27/49 Mhz", they all wereCIMG0004.jpg 27 Mhz (?). I could not find any of these models ( this year or last) locally ( Southern California) , and got these from several CVS Stores in Reno (NV).
I plan to donate them at the Motor4toys Charity Car Show ( holiday children's toy drive) this weekend. Figure I'd start working on getting some of that "respect " early starting with the kids.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I went to CVS to see what you could get for $9.99. Overpriced by about $9.00. Those are some cheesy GTs.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Yes....my friend came out of Skybar in LA to find feces on the drivers seat of his brand new 458 Ferrari Spider. The car had 25 miles on it...whoever did this also had bad diarrhea...I kid you not..NEVER leave any car over 200k unattended.

That's hard core. My GT hasn't been to car shows in years. I take my barn find 69 Charger RT 440 with edgy paint to shows and I don't worry anyone leans on it or it gets scratched.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
Agreed. People today, especially younger people simply have no respect.
There's truth to that but I feel the root cause comes from poor parenting.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
You can't parent / regulate jealousy....not everyone gets to make it and that's hard for losers.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
....not everyone gets to make it and that's hard for losers.

...but, isn't receiving a "participation" ribbon supposed to compensate for that???

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Agreed to a point....however, handing out trophies to all members of both teams for 4-8 yr olds during sporting events , win or loose,(which seems to be the "in" thing with the current crop of young parents) fosters a sense of entitlement that some young people will have trouble shaking when they hit their teen years and reality sets in. IMHO, It is a parents obligation to enforce the concept of fair play and subsequent wins or loses from cradle on up.
Now, not everyone that relieves themselves in or on someone's nice property is the result of a poor parenting scenario but I'll bet that is the case more often than not.
I've been on the receiving end of this sort of damage many times and each time the behaviour was easily traced back to the homelife.
Just my $.02.........

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
You should read Camile Paglia articles in WSJ / NYT, she's
a feminist who is actually an anti-feminist; she says what's happening now
is basically how an entire civilization commits collective mass suicide.

It's critique is Male role-models no longer exist; and there is a
war on boys; Men are infantilized to look same from 14-40 in cargo shorts & backwards baseball caps.

Meanwhile Women are condemned to Pilates for next 30yrs while pininng for Don Draper and Fifty Shades.

So, when child-man sees toy he can't have he poops his pants.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303997604579240022857012920?mobile=y

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/27/opinion/27Paglia.html

Last edited:

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Threads like this make me more proud of my respectfull/respected adult children every day......

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Agreed to a point...

I was being sarcastic!

Handing kids a 'trophy' of any kind for just showing up is actually doing them a disservice as well as playing a cruel j-o-k-e! The 'real world' doesn't work that way. 'Never has. 'Never will. And, as you implied, kids who get these trophies handed to 'em early-on for accomplishing nothing are in for a BIG SURPRISE when they find out they actually have to do something worthwhile to earn 'em in real life.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Woody Allen said 85% of success is showing up; what 85% of people dont get is he meant showing up again, again, again, etc.

In my experience, few keep showing up (eg, quitting, naysaying, giving up).

If you dont show up the day they cut the biggest checks, you wont get one.