Torque Spec for Standard Wheel Lugs?

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Can someone please advise the torque spec for the Standard wheels lug nuts. Thanks ...

usmcfred

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Can someone please advise the torque spec for the Standard wheels lug nuts. Thanks ...

usmcfred

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?18683-lug-nut-torque&highlight=lug+nut+torque

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Thanks ...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
100 accorddint to GT guys. Manual is wrong.

Is torque the same for the BBS (option) wheel lug nuts?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Is torque the same for the BBS (option) wheel lug nuts?

Yes - 100 ft-lbs.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Is that dry (no oil) torque? If a lube or anit-seize compound is used the torque value should be reduced.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I use ARP Ultra Torque and 100 ft-lbs.

We use it on the vintage race cars, as we re-torque the lug nuts prior to each sojourn on the track.

[video=youtube;6-XXVk_vwKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-XXVk_vwKw[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-XXVk_vwKw

Last edited:

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I checked mine (I've never taken a wheel off) and the rears were at least 125lb (didnt keep going to find out) and the fronts about 100.
I had some minor scuffing on a rim and had it fixed to 100% and put it back at 100lb like mentioned here.
Wonder if in any of the services so far the shop has had to take the rears off?
Hmmm
Stuart

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Not sure that putting a torque wrench on a nut that has been tightened for a while gives an accurate reading. A nut torqued to 100 ft lb may take more than 100 ft lb to break loose after some time. Wheels would have come off for half shaft bolt replacement. As posted recently, it's a good idea to see if the index paint marks on the outer axle nuts are aligned. Those nuts may back themselves off a bit.

Can you tell us how the wheel scuffing was fixed? Buffing? Touch up paint for these wheels does not exist.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I had about 10" of scuffing from a curb, a guys swings by Ferrari Orlando to do wheel repairs now and then and I dropped the damaged rim of to them (a friend works there and recommended him for fixes)
When he returned it to me and showed the area it was sanded and painted and I could't at all find the touched up area... very impressed.
Stuart

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Not sure that putting a torque wrench on a nut that has been tightened for a while gives an accurate reading. A nut torqued to 100 ft lb may take more than 100 ft lb to break loose after some time. Wheels would have come off for half shaft bolt replacement. As posted recently, it's a good idea to see if the index paint marks on the outer axle nuts are aligned. Those nuts may back themselves off a bit.

Can you tell us how the wheel scuffing was fixed? Buffing? Touch up paint for these wheels does not exist.

Wheels don't have to come off for half shaft bolt replacement.