May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Adds a new dimension to shopping! :banana

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
The man is crazy - and very entertaining.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Great video. Thanks for posting. Love the car too.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
ya the last time I was driving my gt inside the mall...... I finally realized that I should have bought a ford fiesta:lol

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
ya the last time I was driving my gt inside the mall...... I finally realized that I should have bought a ford fiesta:lol

Enlightenment can hit at anytime eh ? :lol:lol

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
Top Gear is THE BEST automotive tv show in the world PERIOD!!!

I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Love the "launch" segment - literally. Wish it could be re-created for the Fiesta launch in Detroit next year. It would cause such a 'splash' (pun intended) for the new car. It would certainly displace any of the prior Chrysler product launch extravaganzas. Flak jackets and wet suits for the front row.... Can't imagine what BBC spent for that adventure.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Ford needs this car here Now !!!!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Ford needs this car here Now !!!!

Absolutely!! From a creative perspective, I would have liked to have seen F ask congress for a simple (1 year) waiver of US emission and safety regs for the current european car in lieu of a loan. It would perhaps drive the conversation in washington closer to the issues that need really require attention. Certainly would have re-emphasized the product behind the recovery plan, brought in some direly needed cash flow and perhaps a new customer or two.

Although seemingly complex, the EU market has a different brand of 'clean' and 'safe' but only enough to create debate that there are global differences. A potential hurdle for parts/service, they could have limited it to single edition e.g. a sports model.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If they could have it here tomorrow they would. Though with $1.40 a gallon gas, I doubt it would be that hot.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Very entertaining and well done video, we actually had one of the original Fiestas during the early 80's gas crisis.

My dad used to take me and my brother to Pop Warner football practice in it. It was bright yellow.

We affectionately called it, "The Flea-esta"

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
DBK
The link and video now comes up with a message that says due to copyright infringements with the BBC it can not be played. :frown:confused Could you post the link a different way so the rest of us can share. Thanks FLY GT40

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
SYCO GT;161204 we actually had one of the original Fiestas during the early 80's gas crisis.QUOTE said:
I really liked the Fiesta. I had purchased a couple back in the early '80's as 3rd or 4th cars for ~ $500ea. Cheap enough for a throw away.

I loaned one to a buddy who got had a fine time partying at the Jersey shore and couldn't remember where he left it. We never did locate it, nor put any effort into tracking it down.

You could beat on them all day long, and they would just keep running. They were great for running around Georgetown.