Tomorrow's the Big Day. Couple of Q's.

SkyMan

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Tomorrow's the Big Day.Pics Posted!!

Hey guys,

Picking up my GT tomorrow and I've got a couple of questions for those who have trailer'd their cars. Where are the best strapping points on the car? Also, for those who don't have a side door on their trailers to allow for door opening on the car, what works best for getting the car in there?

I'm running a 3/4 ton truck towing a 28' trailer. The trip is about 230 miles one way.

Thanks! :cheers

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I use a winch to get the car in and out, VERY hard to get in and out through the window with out risk. There is nothing to attach to. Wheel baskets with E track it probably the best, but lots of towels and the straps going through the wheels worked for me.

SkyMan

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Specracer said:
I use a winch to get the car in and out, VERY hard to get in and out through the window with out risk. There is nothing to attach to. Wheel baskets with E track it probably the best, but lots of towels and the straps going through the wheels worked for me.

Thanks! Very much appreciated!:)

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
congrats skyman, wheelstraps only and OUT of gear with

E brake OFF :thumbsup

H

HHGT

SkyMan said:
Hey guys,

Picking up my GT tomorrow and I've got a couple of questions for those who have trailer'd their cars. Where are the best strapping points on the car? Also, for those who don't have a side door on their trailers to allow for door opening on the car, what works best for getting the car in there?

I'm running a 3/4 ton truck towing a 28' trailer. The trip is about 230 miles one way.

Thanks! :cheers

I drove from SoCal to South Dakota to p/u the Heritage in a Pace trailer - thanks again AwsumGT. I towed it with an 06 Escalade w/ a 6 Liter (short wheel base). 3400 Miles in 3 1/2 days roundtrip without any issues. Watch speeds over 70 mph if your trailer does not have the tongue anti-sway bars.

Good luck..

SkyMan

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Thanks again guys.. the info in such short notice helps a lot. I had the sway bars installed after my trailer dealer recommended it; guess it was a wise investment. :wink

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Take a couple of 2x6 or 2x8 pieces cut to 36" & bevelled 45 on one end. When you drop the door you will need to put these two pieces under the fold down part of the ramp door in line with the wheels. I have done this and the spoiler clears with no problem but if you try to drive straight in you will drag the spoiler. :bored
I am able to get in and out of the window without issue but I only weigh a buck and a half. My trailer doesn't have the side door either but I am ordering it from Haulmark and will install it myself to make egress alot easier.

Great to hear you are finally getting your car and trust me after the first 5 miles the wait and dealer hassle will be forgotten.

Please post some pics when you get her home.

:cheers
Trent

SkyMan

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Thanks guys!

I made it!! Pics within the hour!