Tire pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Door plate says 32 lbs, Tire says 44 max , are most running presure some where in the middle say 40 psi??

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, run at 32. If you're going to store it for a while, pump them up to 40.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Door plate says 32 lbs, Tire says 44 max , are most running presure some where in the middle say 40 psi??

IF you run 40 psi you will ruin the tires through over-inflation and wearing them out sooner than they should. Stay around 32 for everyday driving as fjpikul suggests.

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Intresting there is such a wide range of inflation #s 12 psi is alot , most tires i run in the middle some where , , is it because the tires are racing tires and have a soft content?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Intresting there is such a wide range of inflation #s 12 psi is alot , most tires i run in the middle some where , , is it because the tires are racing tires and have a soft content?

First they are not racing tires
Second, the range is normal look at other tires and you will see a similar range

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
First they are not racing tires
Second, the range is normal look at other tires and you will see a similar range
"not racing tires", UMMM, I guess having them rated at 220 MPH makes them the same as the tires on my MO-PED 3rd ly.....thanks for the advice?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
"not racing tires", UMMM, I guess having them rated at 220 MPH makes them the same as the tires on my MO-PED 3rd ly.....thanks for the advice?

Tires need to be rated for the top speed of the car. That is the law. SPeed rated tires are not race tires.

Racing tire have no tread, they are slicks, racing slicks. Always willing to help people understand the difference.

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
barondw; Not all racing tires are "slicks" they often use this very same tire on rain days at many tracks ect...The tire does not have a range of presure it simply says max 44psi , the door tag says 32, the compound of these tires are very soft and I read "on this forum" that at speeds 160 to 200 mph that the tire presure should be 44.... diff presure for diff applications ect...I had a very simple question that was answered by the other folks "what presure do they run "

Thanks for your support

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
barondw; Not all racing tires are "slicks" they often use this very same tire on rain days at many tracks ect...The tire does not have a range of presure it simply says max 44psi , the door tag says 32, the compound of these tires are very soft and I read "on this forum" that at speeds 160 to 200 mph that the tire presure should be 44.... diff presure for diff applications ect...I had a very simple question that was answered by the other folks "what presure do they run "

Thanks for your support

Since you appear to know much more than I do there is no sense in my trying to provide inflormation to you. Have fun with your car.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
ouch!

Life's too short.

Ed

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Life's too short.

Ed
A men!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
My two cents worth (or less)

The sidewall pressure is a MAXIMUM inflation pressure from the tire manufacturer. This should not be confused with the recommended tire pressure from the vehicle manufacturer. Follow the recommendations of Ford and inflate to 32 psi for normal driving.

Last edited:

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
The sidewall pressure is a MAXIMUM inflation pressure from the tire manufacturer. This should not be confused with the recommended tire pressure from the vehicle manufacturer. Follow the recommendations of Ford and inflate to 32 psi for normal driving.
That makes total sence!, and 40+ if you are going to store it, all good feed back thanks...

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Appreciated...

Barondw.....I APPRECIATE your detailed, technically savy and articulate GT knowledge. Keep the comments coming.

I occassionally run into the same response from those who obviously know more about the technical details of the GT than I do.....

Different strokes for different folks!

I keep my Goodyears inflated just as the Ford engineers recommend, 32 psi. Incidently above sustained 150 mph, Ford recommends 40 psi (not 44 psi) on all corners....

Last edited:

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Barondw.....I APPRECIATE your detailed, technically savy and articulate GT knowledge. Keep the comments coming.

I occassionally run into the same response from those who obviously know more about the technical details of the GT than I do.....

Different strokes for different folks!

I keep my Goodyears inflated just as the Ford engineers recommend, 32 psi. Incidently above sustained 150 mph, Ford recommends 40 psi (not 44 psi) on all corners....
Isn't america wonderfull where we can all have our opinons, I agree with ed life is to short for the banter and P**sing contests

Status
Not open for further replies.