Tip for Ipod usage.

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
I bought the FM transmitter thing from Griffin - it sounded like crap no matter where I placed the ipod or which frequency I tuned the ipod/radio to.

I got desperate on one of the longer drives and had to power the device using a power adapter and to my surprise the sound quality was much better. It seems that the adapter lead acts as an antenna - it works even if it is not plugged into the 12v supply.

Further tip - use the iGo adapter as just by swapping the tip you can charge a phone/computer/gps/radar thingy/ipod and they take up next to no space - the tips are about the size of a thumbnail - no fiddly switches - brilliant design.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
All you have to do is use the RCA AUX input in the back of the radio. Then turn the radio to AUX and you have a direct connection with great sound. The only negative is that you can not charge the IPOD with the same cable.

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
davefordgt said:
The only negative is that you can not charge the IPOD with the same cable.
Unless you get this cable :

http://www.autosound2000.com/ipodadapters.htm

I just got my radio removal tools and am heading into the garage now. It should work great right off the radio power. (It also has the advantage of being line out for a better signal than the headphone jack.)

BTW - If anyone wants to setup a round-robin to mail my radio tools around the country drop me a line. They were a PAIN to get and I'd love to share them with the community.

Erick

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Townshend said:
Unless you get this cable :

http://www.autosound2000.com/ipodadapters.htm

I just got my radio removal tools and am heading into the garage now. It should work great right off the radio power. (It also has the advantage of being line out for a better signal than the headphone jack.)

BTW - If anyone wants to setup a round-robin to mail my radio tools around the country drop me a line. They were a PAIN to get and I'd love to share them with the community.

Erick

Awesome idea! Please put me on the list ! :thumbsup