"Tilt"

zim32

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2006
Pacific Palisades, Ca.
When eyeballing the back of my GT while standing approx. 15 ft back I thought I noticed that the left side of the body sat much lower than the right. After verifying tire pressure on left and right side and confirming the floor in my garage was flat..I measured from the top of the rear tire to where the body begins in the wheel well. To my amazement there was a 1 1/4" difference from right to left.

I have the usual panel gap variances as mentioned here previously...has anybody come accross the above mentioned "tilt" and if so...how was it rectified?

Thanks

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Mine was off by 1/2" and is at the dealer having it address. However my pannel gaps are very good.

zim32

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2006
Pacific Palisades, Ca.
Hi Steve,

Let me know how it works out!! Hope to see ya on the 27th..to Santa Barbara.

Mark

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Zim, mine is 'on the piss' (a quaint English expression to suggest the car may have been drinking).

When I first got it the panel gaps were all over the place and I spent a little while measuring the distance from the stop lights to the floor etc and found the body was definitely tilting. Roush fixed the panel gaps and I've forgotten about the inch.....

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
The correct way to check if you car is on the piss is to messure from the top of the wheel (not the tire) egde and 90 degrees up to the panel above...

But how to correct it when then car hasn't got adjustable coils?!?!?! :skep

God luck

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
dbtgt in an earlier post was complaing about tires rubbing - could it be the same issue?