Through the Streets of Paris - Ferrari 265 GTB - Anyone want to try this in a GT?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Through the Streets of Paris - Ferrari 275 GTB - Anyone want to try this in a GT?

Here is a pretty cool video Claude Lelouch strapped on a helmet cam got an F1 driver to drive his 275 GTB Ferrari and filmed a run through the Streets of Paris in August 1967. Driver achieved speeds of 140 PMH, ran red lights, wrong way streets, left from Port Dauphine, down the Champs d'Lyese, through the Louvre, past the opera, and ending at Sacre Couer. Apparently he was arrested when the film was shown.

Anyway, we can arrange a similar run with the GTs, DBK ??? :thumbsup

Very cool video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2851488008488190547

corrections to historical details made. I still think it is a cool video! :thumbsup

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Cool Video???

"Cool video"????????
The dumb jackass who pulled THIS stunt should be stood before a firing squad and SHOT just on general principle. I mean, just how STUPID can one idiot get?????
This fool could have slaughtered a buncha people "that quick" who's only "crime(?)" was happening to wander into the path of this monumental imbecile... like on a blind corner, for instance.
Talk about an irresponsible, reckless, mindless MORON - this numbskull is IT. Period.
If he's not STILL in jail - he ought to be PUT BACK IN until he rots.
There is absolutely NO excuse for pulling something like this. EVER.
My aching back...

E.P.

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
One of the all timers. A lot of conjecture around who was driving what car for this. I don't think, other than the sound, there was any confirmation that it was a Ferrari.
To answer your question, Atomic, sure, let's do it! I'll follow you! :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Vid's been around and some folks feel that a lot a 'mechanical adjustments' were done to it. Listen to the sound of the engine the up and down shifting.

To bad he didn't nail any of those pigeons.... rats with wings :rofl

Love Paris without people, city of wonderful food, wine, history. But can do without the 40% muslims and the natives.

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Great video. I have owned it for years. A must have for all. The sound of the V12 Ferrari makes the video. A few notes. The car was a 275 GTB. It was filmed in 1967. The name of the 9 minute film is Rendez Vous. The driver meets his date (claude Lelouch & ? his wife) at Sacre Coeur. It was filmed at dawn. It was not staged and therefore would be impossible to duplicate today because of the increased traffic.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Gene Cassone said:
Great video. I have owned it for years. A must have for all. The sound of the V12 Ferrari makes the video. A few notes. The car was a 275 GTB. It was filmed in 1967. The name of the 9 minute film is Rendez Vous. The driver meets his date (claude Lelouch & ? his wife) at Sacre Coeur. It was filmed at dawn. It was not staged and therefore would be impossible to duplicate today because of the increased traffic.

Thanks, not to mention one might be a little more concerned today about pranging up the GTB...

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
bony, "Streets of Fresno at Dawn"??? A thought??, eh? Do ya think it is possible, that White GT screaming around Fresno at 5 AM :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
AtomicGT said:
bony, "Streets of Fresno at Dawn"??? A thought??, eh? Do ya think it is possible, that White GT screaming around Fresno at 5 AM :banana

Eric.... shhhhhh, never exceeed a speed limit anywhere.... not me... :lol :lol :lol

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Cool video! The car sounds incredible! The guy knew how to row the gears for sure!

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Wow, that was a great video, I really enjoyed that! Granted it may be a reckless thing to do, you can't help but enjoy the sound of the engine!

What's funny, is you could use any car and just add that sound.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Ah....Leloche..of course . I should have known. His personal hand held camera work was spectacular . I suspect he sort of got away with this stunt as he had won the Grand Prix (for film) the year before with A Man and a Woman

GT fans should rent the new Man and Woman dvd which has additional footage of the GT including filming details (the "film car" and filming methods are worth the price of the rental 1000 times over)

Its interesting that when this was first posted some responders thought it was faked or enhanced. The sound is real 275 GTB4 and the shifting is real 275 Ferrari transaxle which is so unique it could never be faked.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dr Robert Harms said:
Ah....Leloche..of course . I should have known. His personal hand held camera work was spectacular . I suspect he sort of got away with this stunt as he had won the Grand Prix (for film) the year before with A Man and a Woman

GT fans should rent the new Man and Woman dvd which has additional footage of the GT including filming details (the "film car" and filming methods are worth the price of the rental 1000 times over)

Its interesting that when this was first posted some responders thought it was faked or enhanced. The sound is real 275 GTB4 and the shifting is real 275 Ferrari transaxle which is so unique it could never be faked.

Man and Women is my favorite all time movie, remember well the first time I saw it. I will buy the dvd. I do think he used Hollywood techniques to make it appear he was going much faster than he was.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
bony, I will purchase it also, quite and excellent 9 minute run through Paris. I have been many times on most of these streets and can imagine what skill it took to drive that car, if you notice the driver doesn't decelerate when coming into a turn until the last possible moment, whereas I decelerate at the earliest moment when approaching a turn, hence the fact that I am not a race car driver! :biggrin

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
August 1967

we were to busy kicking Ferrari's ass in LeMans to give half a shit. I geuss since they were forced off the track they had to go onto the roads. lol BTW Ford GT-40 achieved speeds of 200+ mph.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I believe the 200 MPH was on the Mulsanne Straight at Le Mans ?

Not on the Streets of Paris!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_de_la_Sarthe

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Russian Billionaire in Enzo in France has an unhappy ending

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13509-2474359,00.html

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Diplomatic immunity? You can't fight the laws of physics/gravity!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
Diplomatic immunity? You can't fight the laws of physics/gravity!
since you are into red... I assume redheads, do a google search of his commie-slut-girlypal :biggrin

DUROC

GT Owner
Aug 6, 2006
Westchester, NY
Dr. Harms isn't the only one who liked "A Man and a Woman," especially the test track scene, as you (who have seen it) can tell from my name.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Do-rock... yes yes the sporting club. Duroc...weeth a " c"