This is for Specracer

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
You and the subject guy should get together and seek out special help for your ailment. Calling Dr. Frank, Dr. Frank. :biggrin

http://www.wsj.com/articles/do-you-drive-stick-fans-of-manual-transmission-cant-let-go-1447120357

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yeah, that's a right on article. Save the manuals!

But I get it.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
"Driving a soul less refrigerator". What a great statement!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Unfortunately not too much I can do for either one of you.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Fully endorse this.

Vince H

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
My only automatic vehicle is my tow car. Because, really, it's the only thing (on public roads) at which an auto is better.

Unless you are stuck in daily bumper to bumper commutes, in which case you should re-examine your life choices. :)

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
I just recently bought a new daily driver, first DSG i've owned. Previous daily driver was a conventional automatic. I did the commute in my area with a manual for a lot of my professional life and still enjoy it when on the motorcycle or the days I take the GT to the office. That said, there are times when I appreciate not having the clutch (bumper to bumper). I do enjoy the engagement I have in the driving experience in rowing my own, and will always have at least a few vehicles to meet that.

Related note, had someone I don't know explain to me the virtues of having an "analog" car, one that has a manual transmission, clutch, great power and not a lot of electronic nannies. I said I'd look into something like that ;)