They walk among us.....

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not.' Four is larger than two...'

We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'You gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.' She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said 'We're sorry but we cannot do that kind of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change..

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

From Kingman, KS.

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

From Kansas City

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

Happened in Birmingham, Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street.
I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS

IDIOT SIGHTING:
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing.' Our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun. We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'Its open!' His reply, 'I know.
I already got that side.'

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, MS.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

When I left Hawaii and was transferred to FL I still had the Hawaiian plates on my car, as my car was shipped from Hawaii. I was parking somewhere (I can't remember) and a guy asked me "Wow, you drove from Hawaii to here?" I looked at him and quickly said "Yep. I took the Hawaii/San Francisco Bridge". He nodded his head and said "Cool!"

STAY ALERT!

They walk among us... and they VOTE and they REPRODUCE...........

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Very Funny. The change thing has actually happened to me(and at a McDonalds). I loved he deer crossing sign story.:rofl:rofl

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
IDIOT SIGHTING:

IDIOT SIGHTING:

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'Its open!' His reply, 'I know.

STAY ALERT!

Just by chance, anyone here inscribed from that Dealership !? Hillarious...:biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Amazing stories.

Even more amazing none of the stories originate from Wash D.C.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
When I left Hawaii and was transferred to FL I still had the Hawaiian plates on my car, as my car was shipped from Hawaii. I was parking somewhere (I can't remember) and a guy asked me "Wow, you drove from Hawaii to here?" I looked at him and quickly said "Yep. I took the Hawaii/San Francisco Bridge".

HE LIED!!!

Google says ya gotta KAYAK from Hawaii to WASH. ST. - and drive south from THERE!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not.' Four is larger than two...'

IDIOT SIGHTING:

My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'You gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.' She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said 'We're sorry but we cannot do that kind of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change..

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

From Kingman, KS.

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

From Kansas City

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

Happened in Birmingham, Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street.
I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS

IDIOT SIGHTING:
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing.' Our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun. We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

IDIOT SIGHTING:

When I left Hawaii and was transferred to FL I still had the Hawaiian plates on my car, as my car was shipped from Hawaii. I was parking somewhere (I can't remember) and a guy asked me "Wow, you drove from Hawaii to here?" I looked at him and quickly said "Yep. I took the Hawaii/San Francisco Bridge". He nodded his head and said "Cool!"

STAY ALERT!

I have a 79 TransAm that I do not have room for in my storage bldg. Everything is for sale ( don't go there) but I became tired of all the kids and flakes asking about it and wrote NOT FOR SALE on it. I generally do not offer my collector cars to the public and take them either to specific collector dealers or collector auctions when I desire to sell one. Much easier than dealing with wishful thinkers and photo seekers.
Some kid with a backwards baseball cap and pants falling off his ass (no he wasn't famous or a rockstar) asked how much is the Trans Am?" I politely replied..."You mean the one with not for sale written on it?":frown

And yes about giving change to get even money back.....Most of the "upper" management can figure out the exact change over a dollar bit...but if you want to scare even the "smart" ones try giving them 7 cents when its $4.32. Most of them will know what to do with 32 cents or 2 cents......but I can't count the times when I want 3 quarters b:willyack they will hand me the nickel and give me 70cents. I always tell them....Just type the amount I gave you into the register. When I get 3 quarters back I still don't think they understood.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
A local strip center with about a dozen stores lost power one afternoon. All the stores closed but one (Card and Party Factory) who manually calculated sales and taxes on pieces of paper. I was so impressed I got goose bumps.:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
A local strip center with about a dozen stores lost power one afternoon. All the stores closed but one (Card and Party Factory) who manually calculated sales and taxes on pieces of paper. I was so impressed I got goose bumps.:thumbsup

THIS REMINDS ME! Have you noticed that if you forget, say, a quart of milk, and you ask your checkout person to just add it onto the bill NOW and you'll run back & giddit after the transaction is done so as not to hold up the line - THEY CAN'T DO IT because they hafta "scan" the actual item? There evidently is no way they can manually add the darn item onto the bill! (And I suppose they ALSO don't even know what any individual item costs anyway. There is much to be said for doing this kinda thing "the old way".)

Computers are great - UP TO A POINT. And this is wunna those "points". :bored

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
My wife went to the "Nutty Monkey" Ice cream place this weekend. Her and son's total was 3.63. She gave them a five and thirteen cents. They hadn't a clue. Cash register wasn't operational and finally after calling the 18 yr old manager over they just gave her the ice cream. I am going by there this afternoon and try it!!!:lol

Larry

PS-Name should have been a clue

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
My wife went to the "Nutty Monkey" Ice cream place this weekend. Her and son's total was 3.63. She gave them a five and thirteen cents. They hadn't a clue. Cash register wasn't operational and finally after calling the 18 yr old manager over they just gave her the ice cream. I am going by there this afternoon and try it!!!:lol

Larry

PS-Name should have been a clue

Larry...You are my kinda guy. Used to be at HEB Grocery if the price did not ring up as posted on the shelf the item was free. Of course you had to remember the prices and watch the "ringing up". One day I was buying dog food only. Pretty easy for an old fart like me to remember price on one item. It rang up wrong. They checked and voila FREE. Wouldn't you think they would immediately change it in the system? Nope. Went back numerous times that day as I passed the store...got 5 or 6 bags..all free. Told a buddy about it and he did the same. :frown

Used to be at Jack-In-Box locally if you gave them a hundred dollar bill they didn't want to spare the change so your order was free.

Nobody but me would do this but true story. I had a brand new Ferrari 348 Spyder. Saw a sign at Dairy Queen for 99cent banana splits. Hmm....sounded good so I pull up to the drive thru. Order....was told it would be $1.16. I said nope....$1.07. 8.25% sales tax rate. I tried splaining it..no way so the 20 yo manager said they HAVE to charge tax on the regular price of $1.99. I said I wonder if the state comptroller is aware of that. Apparently he never heard the word comptroller. At any rate after burning 50 cents worth of gas I got my banana split for $1.07.:thumbsup

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
IDIOT SIGHTING:

STAY ALERT!

well you know its a common fact that 5 out 4 people have problems with their fractions:biggrin

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
They walk among us

nt

Last edited:

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Nardo,

I bought every golf ball Target had in a store once since they were on sale for 99 cents a dozen. Normally 9.99. I did not play those type but use them for practice and the shag bag. They were marked wrong and when I told the cashier she just said it was my lucky day. Oh Well I tried!!:frown

Larry

PS-I will be in DFW working Oct 5th-8th. and the 9th and 10th for my high school sons golf tournament. Are you available for lunch one day?

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Nardo,
Larry

PS-I will be in DFW working Oct 5th-8th. and the 9th and 10th for my high school sons golf tournament. Are you available for lunch one day?

I am in Temple...about 2hrs south of DFW right on I-35. I know of a Jack-In-The-Box..:lol Got some great Arby's coupons too.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Nardo,

Are you the dealer on the east side of 35 south side of Temple that has some fastback mustangs (65-66) on the lot every once in a while? Stopped in once on the way thru from an add of e-bay. Had several notch backs also.

Larry

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I had a brand new Ferrari 348 Spyder. Saw a sign at Dairy Queen for 99cent banana splits. Hmm....sounded good so I pull up to the drive thru. Order....was told it would be $1.16. I said nope....$1.07. 8.25% sales tax rate. I tried splaining it..no way so the 20 yo manager said they HAVE to charge tax on the regular price of $1.99. I said I wonder if the state comptroller is aware of that. Apparently he never heard the word comptroller. At any rate after burning 50 cents worth of gas I got my banana split for $1.07.:thumbsup

Lemme see....................'NEW Ferrari...'99 cent item...and 9 cents is a big issue...........'No wundur you Ferrari boys have the 'rep' you do!!!:rofl:rofl:rofl

P.S. 'Wouldn't be worth your effort today. That $.50 worth of gas would be $3 (or 3 'splits) now!:biggrin