They always want the Ford GT

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
I do not do many shows but I do a few for a freind. These are top line event like the Breakers Concourse D'Elegance or Winter park etc.

What I find interesting is the organizer of these events always want me to show the Ford GT. He says it is a crowd pleaser and it is hard to find them for a major show. This gentleman organizes these shows for a living.

He always asks for the Ford GT although I have other cars he could chose such as a Ferrari F430F1, Lotus Sport, '65 Shelby Cobra, '65 Vette roadster,
2007 911 Cab.

Did I mention this gentleman was a Ferrari salesman and a certified judge for major woxtic car events.

He alsways wants the FGT!

Life is good :)

Lee :cheers

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
A crowd pleaser it is. The GT seems to turn everything else invisible especially the Vettes. It is the only new car I have ever had that I can take to a show and bring home a trophy almost every time. :thumbsup

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
A crowd pleaser it is. The GT seems to turn everything else invisible especially the Vettes. It is the only new car I have ever had that I can take to a show and bring home a trophy almost every time. :thumbsup

that rocks :club

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
that rocks :club

whats even cooler was that was your #427 post on this site :usa

Gimbal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 11, 2007
Queenstown, New Zealand
With 10 Ferrari's driving down the road and one FGT guess which one car will get admired the most?
That's right...gotta love it!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
A crowd pleaser it is. The GT seems to turn everything else invisible especially the Vettes.

'Had mine in a show last March. 'Parked it right beside a 'Vette. And, you're right, Tony. As far as the crowd was concerned, the 'Vette was invisible the whole day.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
'Had mine in a show last March. 'Parked it right beside a 'Vette. And, you're right, Tony. As far as the crowd was concerned, the 'Vette was invisible the whole day.

What is this "VETTE" that so many of you speak of?:rofl

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
The GT is a one-car Car Show

You don't even have to go to a car show for the GT to cause a stir. On the way back from the restaurant during the Road Rally last month, I asked Tony to pull off to the side so I could get some pics of the GT's heading back. It was amazing how many cars stopped to check out the GT, and asked Tony to show them the engine, etc., etc.

It's a beautiful car that won't go unnoticed, even in a sea full of European exotics.

BTW, thanks for the ride, Tony - it was GREAT! :cheers

Jeff

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
You don't even have to go to a car show for the GT to cause a stir. On the way back from the restaurant during the Road Rally last month, I asked Tony to pull off to the side so I could get some pics of the GT's heading back. It was amazing how many cars stopped to check out the GT, and asked Tony to show them the engine, etc., etc.

It's a beautiful car that won't go unnoticed, even in a sea full of European exotics.

Jeff

and damn fine pictures they are... thanks Jeff:thumbsup

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho

Jeff

Jeff, it was a pleasure to have you in the navigator seat and great to see you again after many years. You probably saved my life. For those who may not know, Jeff has been very involved with SAAC since it's birth and has not missed a convention yet (32+ years). He is the man that got me started with SAAC almost 30 years ago at SAAC III in Pasadena, CA. It's been a great ride and let's keep it going. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Oh, it's a car some furriner with an odd name (Zorro Arkuss Dumkov, or sumthin' like that) conned wunna the big companies into buildin' for a while.

Not too menny of 'em sold though. 'Hardly see or hear anythin' about 'em ennymore these days... :frown

(They wuz made outta Tupperware, I think. Anybody?)

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion

Chevette ............ you know ......... silly !:willy

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan

Anyone know of a GT owned by a women?:eek

I think they drive Vette's and Guys drive GT's.......:banana

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Better defer to Piccola.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Quick but true story. Bought my GT from a Bentley, Ferrari & Lambo dealer in LI N.Y.

Guy who delivered the car said the GT got more looks and :thumbsup on the delivery truck then any Ferrari or Lambo he's ever delivered.

Made my day.

The car is a major crowd magnet. Even more so when you raise the clam shell. :eek

Also..whats a Vette???

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Anyone know of a GT owned by a women?:eek

I asked the that same question of the Gt Program guys at the Newport Rally.

To the best of their knowledge there MAY be just one.

They heard that she lives in Detroit area. Still unverified.

Vette - ????? whaats that???:::confused

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Yes, just ask Mrs. Bony :)