The Sweet Sounds from Ford

JCE-GT

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2006
Mission Viejo, CA
Regardless of the exhaust system found on our rides, whether stock or modified, I belive we would all agree the sound that comes from a Ford GT is sweet indeed. :banana

Attached is address to a clip on a clever feat of musical ingenuity, an orchestra playing instruments created entirely from car parts performs the soundtrack to the new Ford Focus television commercial.

This harmonious masterpiece is the work of two American composers who have taken the concept of car sounds to the extreme. Hollywood film composer Craig Richey and New York sound designer Bill Milbrodt turned 21 parts from the new Ford Focus into musical instruments and arranged them to be played by an orchestra.

Milbrodt's team took apart a Ford Focus five-door hatchback that had, literally, just come off the production line. "When we got it to the mechanics shop, it had less than a mile on the clock. We took the doors and fenders off, but we had the body shell intact and we later cut out of that the parts we wanted," said Bill Milbrodt.

By the time the orchestra had been assembled for the photo shoot at Universal Studios in California, Milbrodt's team had constructed 31 instruments. Each has a name that instantly identified its origins, such as the Transmission Case Cello-Dulcimer, Clutch Guitar, Rear Suspension Spike Fiddle, Fender Bass, Hatchback Kick Drum, Handheld Gear Tambourine and Door Harp.

In the end though, it makes one wonder, if this piece of music sounds this good utilizing Ford Focus components, just think what could have been created if Fort GT components had been used instead.

And I am no way implying that one of the very spacial 4038 GT's created should have been disassembled for this:ack, rather just some spare components.:thumbsup

Enjoy.

http://www.fcn.ford.com/download/Focusad.mpg

UPDATE:
Sorry about the link above not working. I just found out that it may have been an interanal Ford link. I'm glad that it got worked out below. (Thanks to Automotive8R). Here is another link that may possibly work as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-yuY78nLsg&feature=related

Again my appoligies for the first non-operative link:frown

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Internet explorer cannot display the webpage", blah, blah, blah, etc.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
+1

0506FordGT

Jan 29, 2008
Maryland/Georgia
Server Not Found...

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
It works, very cool. +1

0506FordGT

Jan 29, 2008
Maryland/Georgia
Yeah nice! Not sure if it's really them playing or taped over but still cool.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Well, now you guys know what to do with your wipers.