May 14, 2010
San Diego
wow. awesome!

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Ralphie, Jason,

Give me a call. I've been here for 2 weeks already. C&C Saturday in Wixom.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Rich This Saturday? What time? Address?

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
yep tomorrow morning at 8:00 am. Ligenfelter Engines. wixom, MI .take I-96 to Beck Rd. exit. go north and you'll see it on the left. can't miss it.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
yep tomorrow morning at 8:00 am. Ligenfelter Engines. wixom, MI .take I-96 to Beck Rd. exit. go north and you'll see it on the left. can't miss it.

Scott,

See you at Ligenfelter.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Well guys n gals…Road Trip 35 is officially completed as of 2 P.M. yesterday. 4.5 days and a little more than 2,500 miles.

Day One for the first 500 miles or so, was dry but very smokey due to the fires in E. Washington. Stopped for the evening in Butte. 592 miles Day Two departed the big pit town and decided to abandon I-90 and drove NE to Sidney, Mt. where it started to rain, and huge amounts of one lane driving due to road construction for200 miles or so on US-2 in North Dakota. Spent the night in Minot, ND - Geographical mid-point in North America - had a very nice steak dinner at the Derby Supper Club. 665 miles. Day Three drove in the rain all day to Duluth, Minn. 473 miles. Day Four drove in the rain all day across the Upper Peninsula and spent the night in Grayling, Michigan. 503 miles. Day Five - omg woke up to blue sky and sunshine - drove to Woodhaven, Michigan. 255 miles. Approximately 2,500 miles to get myself and the GT to Rally 10.

Interesting, to me at least, was the nearly total absence of highway enforcement. 1 State Patrol in Washington (at an accident), none in Idaho, 1 in Montana (had a semi pulled over), 1 in North Dakota, none in Minnesota, 1 in Wisconsin on the U.P. and 1 in Michigan (at an accident). Basically one per each 500 miles. And oddly in Wisconsin and Michigan the roof top "gum ball" lights are back! Hadn't seen those for 20 years or so.

Happy to be here and not still driving all day. Rally ON!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Total mileage from home to the Rally - 3,928.8 miles

That is pretty damn awesome .... I fly half way around the world and you almost beat that distance .... but man am I glad I didn´t have to listen to Neil Diamond for 3928,8 miles .... :wink:biggrin

:cheers
Anders

Pete1of37

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2013
WHITE LAKE, MI
Happy trails. Hopefully see you soon

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Jeff
Thats impressive!
I was pumped over my trip from Boston to Plymouth MI!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Was that John Denver you were playing in New Mexico????

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Was that John Denver you were playing in New Mexico????

Yep! "Farewell Andromeda"

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
You need some Eagles Band concerts to drive with!!! John Denver...................... No Way? Did you sing along with him?