The only 2 GT's in south island New Zealand in front of my house!

Gimbal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 11, 2007
Queenstown, New Zealand
Pretty cool, ay?:biggrin I now have some company, not enough to start a new forum but I don't feel so alone now.

Attachments

• 2 GT's in town.jpg
    2 GT's in town.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 277

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
That rocks! I'm starting to think quite a few other GT owners may be joining you down there. Beautiful photo.

Chip

H

HHGT

RV King a GT owner here on the forum who is also a CA resident went to NZ last year looking to possibly relocate. He had nothing but great things to say about NZ with the exception of the frequency of the rain.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Wow! How many miles of road on the south island???

Gimbal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 11, 2007
Queenstown, New Zealand
There are worse places to live than NZ. Climate is diverse, we live in a dry climate area but it rains a lot in other parts of the country. We thought it was a good place to raise a family and we still think so. Not many roads in the south island but they are all two lane only, there are about 5 (five) miles of freeway total, beautiful sceanery every. Several race tracks though! Lots of racing and car events.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Very cool picture John, looking forward to seeing you in October! I forgot to mention in my emails that I will be attending Targa this year afterall!

In regards to the weather in New Zealand. The old saying is, "if you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes." It is true that some parts of the country do get a lot of rainfall however not all of the country is like that. Just stay away from "windy" Wellington. It is a fun city but the weather down there is NUTS!!!

Also, as John mentioned, New Zealand's car culture almost rivals Southern California's. They are truly car crazy down there!

Gimbal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 11, 2007
Queenstown, New Zealand
Glad to hear you will make the Rally, it's gonna be fun! I might have my new helicopter camera working by then and we can get some aerials (Sony F35 with Angenieux 24-290 lens!)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hi Gimbal - I was thinking of you when I drove my GT recently past Grass Valley a Hwy 49 blast. See you soon.

Ed

Aug 25, 2006
Now that picture looks familiar....... very cool

All the best

Shadowman

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Wife and I spent 9 days in March on the South Island for our R&R earlier this year and really enjoyed the country and out stay. Great people, fantastic scenary and to my surprise many collector cars out and about on the roads. Look forward to going back sometime in the future.

Magic

Gimbal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 11, 2007
Queenstown, New Zealand
Hi Ed, good to hear from you.
Hi Bill, yep same photo, take care.
Magic, If you ever get down this way again let me know.