The New Shelby GT350

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great looking car Dave, I guess someone likes white !! I see a car that needs to be covered..

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not anymore, all good.

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Love the R! Wish I tried to get one. Makes one heck of a track weapon.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Awesome car... Love it in white with the black top. Wish I could find a 350R like that one... Congrats!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Not anymore, all good.

Good to hear !!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Yeah! They are in! I think you told me the white with black top was "The Angry Panda"!

Ed

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Anyone think the crazy ADM's on the R's will come down? 100K? Come on!!!!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
My dealer still can't get a 350R, let alone tell me what he would want to charge me.

Thought it would be a great "bridge" until the NGT, if that ever happened. Otherwise a great keeper for a track car.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We took two Rs to dinner tonight. Holy shit are these cars loud!

What a machine. Pulls like there is no redline. Buy one now if you can find one.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Well Dave, you can find a 350 but the Rs are extremely hard to come by without paying out the a$$. For 100 G's there is a huge market!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well Dave, you can find a 350 but the Rs are extremely hard to come by without paying out the a$$. For 100 G's there is a huge market!!!

I just can't get over that car. The sound, the revs, the grip...it's not "quick" but it feels like you're going a million miles an hour. Honestly, it's a good thing it's not faster because you have to keep looking down thinking "when the $%#! do I shift?!!?" Just an astonishing car for the money.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
So is that why the F cars "feel" so fast....because of the high revs? Rather have a Ford than an F car so just wondering...but no R's out there.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So is that why the F cars "feel" so fast....because of the high revs? Rather have a Ford than an F car so just wondering...but no R's out there.

Yeah, that's definitely part of it. But I'd say it's really the combination of the revs and the fact that this car is just a fuel-burning traffic ticket waiting to happen. The sound is absolutely unholy. On our industrial street between the buildings I'm afraid the windows are all gonna shatter. So great. :lol

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Stupid question but why are they not able to build more of the 350 GTR's if there is a large demand? Are they trying to keep it a low production car to keep the values up?

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
FWIW, dealer near now has 2 R's. They have had an internet price on the one of $70,xxx. Only issue with it I can see is that it does not have a/c. The second car does and they do not have an internet price on it. I have to believe the car with no a/c will be a tough sale in Phoenix unless bought for track use. For those interested, it is Peoria Ford in Peoria, Az.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"...those interested, it is Peoria Ford in Peoria, Az."

FWIW, They told me they want $135,000 for the R.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Dave et al.....is the R "worth" 100K+, I know it low production , but still. Anybody speculate what they will be in the next couple years?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think shelling out the amount over MSRP they are going for is not a good idea. I think the car is hilariously entertaining at any price point, but I am extremely skeptical they'll be commanding $40-50k over by the end of the summer. We'll see.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
My local dealer here says their order banks have opened for the MY2017 GT350 base model. Nothing regarding the "R" as of yet.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We had 3 GT350Rs at C&C this morning. Hilarious upon exit, and nobody crashed into any crowds. We made it out successfully.