The New Lamborghini Aventador

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
I just read some very interesting comments on the newest Lambo. Their new Aventador has a CF Monocoque, 700 HP, a new seven speed gearbox at 50 ms shift speeds and was said to be the best car this company has ever produced. Does anyone on the forum have and history or information regarding the prowess of this vehicle.

DLC

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
not to many lambo lovers here

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
"Search" can be your friend.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?21574-Aventador

Others too...

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

Oh come on, I own three Lambo's. Love em!

Aug 25, 2006

There are "many"

Takes care

Shadowman

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
There are "many"

Especially if you're talking a 72' Miura SV :biggrin :eek

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
The vehicle ran 1:16:50 on the top gear track. Not bad for AWD.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
looks killer :cool

car_photo_397255_25.jpg

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I had always planned on buying a Lambo one day. The Countach was a childhood dream.I must admit that they do not excite me anymore. Lambo just does not make a car with the driver in mind. They make a car for the audience on the road. Ferrari’s new 458 is off the chart but I wonder if it will hold the same mystique in 5 years. It’s just hard to imagine them making a better car than the 458 but they always do. I know the GT is still amazing to me and not just because I own one.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I spent some time this week sitting in an Aventador and getting a full tour of it. Didn't get to drive or ride in it though as pre-sold. The car is really nice. I'm not much of a Lambo guy normally, but I must say I liked the styling of it quite a lot. The one I saw was white with black and carbon accents. Sweet. The interior is pretty cool. A bit aircraft feeling, which I liked. Not quite as stylish or high quality feeling inside as the 458 in my opinion though.

While the interior is more spacious than any other Lambo I've sat in, it was still a bit small for me in terms of head room and leg room. At 6'5" I could have used 1" more of headroom and maybe 2" more of leg room.

At $406,000 MSRP, it's hard for me to justify the value. One could almost buy a Ferrari 458 or a McLaren (maybe MSRP of $275) and a used GT (maybe $160k) for close to that.

Last edited:

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I love the looks and interior feel.....but when the turbos hit in my UGR-TT Gallardo.....it's all over.....

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I love the looks and interior feel.....but when the turbos hit in my UGR-TT Gallardo.....it's all over.....

I think when the Turbos hit in your TT Gallardo - the earth may start spinning in the opposite direction ! Isn't that bad boy some 1200 hp or ?

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
1000 at all 4 wheels on 93 Oct/15psi. Throw some C16 in the tank and things get stupid really fast.

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
I've never owned a Lamborghini put I really think this Aventador is something new for them and a big step forward. The fact that Lamborghini has invested in their in house capability for the manufacturing of carbon fiber structures and body panels opens up unimited possibilities for their future road cars. With fuel mileage standards always changing, to build future performance vehicles will require severe weigth reductions. Their own carbon fiber manufacturing makes that very possible.

I love the 458 but Ferrari is really out of control in the marketing of their vehicles. They make an incredible car put if you buy new from a dealer expect to wait long and pay through the nose. The purchase via the secondary market is really the only way to maintain any fiscal responsibility. Try to purchase or inquire about their real high end stuff (like the new F70), "forget about it". I think I'll start to invest in a relationship with the other Italian manufacture. I like what I see.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas

Sounds like you need a twin turbo Aventador. That should solve all of your problems.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
The Aventador is the first Lambo I like. It's gorgeous. I love it!!!. To me it's better looking then the 458.

I do love the Ferrari 599GTO too. Yum.

It would be a toss up between those two.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
HOLY crap, that is a LOT of $, Mitch as you suggest, that is a LOT of other cars, that would mean more to me.

At $406,000 MSRP

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
A guy I know in my area just bought one. Orange. He was supposed to bring it to a EuroSunday event last month in Sacramento, but it was really foggy and drizzly that morning and he did not show. He also has a Mercedes Gull wing and a SLR. Anyway I hope he brings it out in the Spring.